The Student Room Group

Bristol medicine problem?

Hi,

So I applied to Bristol for Medicine at the beginning of year 13 and sent my application on the 10th October. My college sent a letter to the University on the 11th October explaing how my predicted grades were moved from ABB to AAA instead. The deadline for medicine was 15th October. Bristol replied on the same day (11th october) saying they will forward the letter to the admissions team as soon as possible. Bristol rejected me on the 31st October. I emailed them for feedback as it seemed odd and their reason was because on their system my predicted grades show ABB so they gave me an offer on another course instead. Of course I am displeased and find this unfair and replied and called them to explain the situation with evidence and they told me this:

"Unfortunately the evidence that you have forwarded is not sufficient for us to reconsider your application. We do not accept revised predictions after the point of application and therefore the outcome of your application remains the same"

The thing is I waited to submit my application until they changed the predicted grades and there was a huge delay on the college computer system so the person who sent it must have sent the previous one instead by accident.

So, do I still have a chance? What should I do? It doesn't seem fair at all.
Unfortunately their stance sounds quite clear - they will only go with the information that was originally submitted, even though the revised information was still sent before the final application deadline. Frustrating, but not much that can be done now. Have you had any positive replies from your other applications?
Reply 3
Original post by junior.doctor
Unfortunately their stance sounds quite clear - they will only go with the information that was originally submitted, even though the revised information was still sent before the final application deadline. Frustrating, but not much that can be done now. Have you had any positive replies from your other applications?

They don't need to be satisfied with the reply - as said in the above document they can appeal to higher levels of authority
Having only quickly glanced at the link above, point 1.7 says that this is the complaints procedure for currently registered students. I don't think this particular document applies to applicants. However if you really want to push it, I'm sure there'll be some sort of higher authority you can make a complaint to.

But genuinely, I don't think that will make a difference. I don't think you're going to win this one unfortunately. By all means try - the only thing you have to lose is the time spent trying.
Original post by junior.doctor

Yes, but I don't appreciate having a wasted application for such a picky thing. Plus interview doesn't guarantee offer so I want to maximise my chances as much as possible.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Jakir
They don't need to be satisfied with the reply - as said in the above document they can appeal to higher levels of authority

The document seems to be for existing students at the university?
Reply 7
Unfortunately not. Their reply clearly says they will only consider the predicted grade put on your application, not the updated one.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending