The Student Room Group

Do you think I will get a car fine/points

I am usually a great driver and have a completely clean licence. I did something foolish today when driving in town, and I make an illegal U-turn (had the sign on the traffic light) accidentally at traffic light (I know stupid of me.. I was just getting in a pickle as I was going the wrong way, never done anything like this).

Being a young driver I obviously really don't want 3 points/fine.

I didn't see any cameras; was near a police station but no one stopped me or was about. I have looked on Streetview and there doesn't seem to be any cameras about.... do you think I will get the dreaded letter?
Original post by ben.anderson
I am usually a great driver

I think we'll be the judge of that :smug:

I did something foolish today when driving in town, and I make an illegal U-turn (had the sign on the traffic light) accidentally at traffic light (I know stupid of me.. I was just getting in a pickle as I was going the wrong way, never done anything like this).

Being a young driver I obviously really don't want 3 points/fine.

I didn't see any cameras; was near a police station but no one stopped me or was about. I have looked on Streetview and there doesn't seem to be any cameras about.... do you think I will get the dreaded letter?

If there were no cameras, and you didn't get pulled over for it by the police, then you should be fine. Just don't make the mistake again.
Original post by RoyalSheepy
I think we'll be the judge of that :smug:

If there were no cameras, and you didn't get pulled over for it by the police, then you should be fine. Just don't make the mistake again.

I was so annoyed with myself - really annoyed. Just really stupid 'spur' of the moment' thing!! Think I will be fine but just annoyed with myself and a bit worried if anything will come through. There isn't even council CCTV or any type of other cameras (I looked on google street view of the road) did not get pulled over. Other cars saw me do it, as they were waiting at the traffic light but didn't get pulled over and there were no coppers about.
I was so annoyed with myself - really annoyed. Just really stupid 'spur' of the moment' thing!! Think I will be fine but just annoyed with myself and a bit worried if anything will come through. There isn't even council CCTV or any type of other cameras (I looked on google street view of the road) did not get pulled over. Other cars saw me do it, as they were waiting at the traffic light but didn't get pulled over and there were no coppers about.

You would've been lucky enough to get away with it. Just don't do it again, it's illegal for a reason and that's because it's dangerous.
it's better to arrive 10 minutes late than not at all :emo:
If a council camera catches you, it's a £65 immediate fine. Letter will come in the post. If you are caught on police cctv or a grey/yellow gatso, it's 3 points and a fine. You won't know for about 2 weeks, but if there's no camera you're probably fine, don't take that as an open invitation to do it again though, we pretty much have one get out of jail card as new drivers (ie, half of our point allocation for the 2 years) and you don't want to waste it doing something on purpose.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending