The Student Room Group

Triple science question

So if I pick triple science for my gces, and nobody else wants to take it in my year, Will I not be able to do it? I really want to do it but everyone in my year is dumb and won't take it.
Original post by TofAndMow
So if I pick triple science for my gces, and nobody else wants to take it in my year, Will I not be able to do it? I really want to do it but everyone in my year is dumb and won't take it.

Typically schools are unlikely to run a subject unless they have usually around 15 students who want to do it (sometimes less for a smaller school). I'm sure there are some clever students in the year though! No one who wants to become a doctor/nurse/dentist/vet? They'd be likely to choose it and are very common career aspirations :smile:
If you don't end up taking it it's not the end of the world though, most places allow you to take science A levels with good grades in combined science and then you'd be on an equal level anyway :smile:
Haha thanks for the reply. I've been waiting for ages 😂I want to be a vet and if I need science A levels ( which I do) it 'll be easier with triple. Thanks again!😊
Haha thanks for the reply. I've been waiting for ages 😂I want to be a vet and if I need science A levels ( which I do) it 'll be easier with triple. Thanks again!😊

No worries :smile: There's so many threads being made at the moment unfortunately some get missed :frown:
It'll be easier with triple but you can always self study the difference either before year 11 or over the summer before year 12 so that you've got the knowledge :smile:
You're welcome :smile:
Original post by Lemur14
No worries :smile: There's so many threads being made at the moment unfortunately some get missed :frown:
It'll be easier with triple but you can always self study the difference either before year 11 or over the summer before year 12 so that you've got the knowledge :smile:

😀 thanks so much
😀 thanks so much

Quick Reply

Latest