The Student Room Group

Would you date someone in prison?

Poll

would you date someone who will go to prison?

asking for a friend...

like...you knew them before they went..and then didnt hear from em..and then got a text from their phone sent by a family member saying, they'd been locked up and are going away for some time..

would you continue seeing em?? Or act like you never knew em...dont worry why Im asking pls

Scroll to see replies

bump

this is ****ing serious you know, Im making a poll
it depends on what crime they commited.
I doubt anyone would date a pedophile in prison....
if they were innocent then why not ?
Heck naw.
Original post by num.7
it depends on what crime they commited.

as in whether it's violent or non violent?
Only if they look like this
No.
If it's a violent crime then no. If its something super minor like not paying TV license or even possession of weed then maybe.

Im generally cautious of people who've been to/in prison, it takes some pretty poor life decision to *actually* end up in jail
Original post by FloralLuxe

I swear I knew you were going to reference him as soon as I saw you posted here :lol: You are obsessed woman!
Reply 11
If it was for like a year or two and you were really into that person then I think most people would stay and try wait it out.

any Longer than that and it gets increasingly less likely

[an old friend of mine got sent to jail, cant remember how long for... like 12 to 18 mths and his gf didn't leave him
Original post by Ninja Squirrel
I swear I knew you were going to reference him as soon as I saw you posted here :lol: You are obsessed woman!

How can you not tbfh lol
Reply 13
Original post by Bang Outta Order
asking for a friend...

like...you knew them before they went..and then didnt hear from em..and then got a text from their phone sent by a family member saying, they'd been locked up and are going away for some time..

would you continue seeing em?? Or act like you never knew em...dont worry why Im asking pls

Hi Angel :smile:

Hows your catfishing business going?
Original post by JDieMstr
I doubt anyone would date a pedophile in prison....

wait what..this is a pedo free situation lol
Original post by the bear
if they were innocent then why not ?

no. they're not innocent. by any means, in this example. let's say justice has been served and they're going away. would you send them letters, visit, send gifts, agree to let them be released to you to live with you etc..?
Reply 16
Committing any form of crime would be a deal breaker for me.
Original post by UWS
Committing any form of crime would be a deal breaker for me.

petty theft like shoplifting and weed or some public disorder too..? or a juvenile record like their last crime was 10 yrs ago as a youth offender..? Id overlook those lol.
Reply 18
Original post by Bang Outta Order
petty theft like shoplifting and weed or some public disorder too..? or a juvenile record like their last crime was 10 yrs ago as a youth offender..? Id overlook those lol.

Maybe not any very minor crime in the past but if they were currently serving a sentence then that's 100% a deal breaker.
Original post by FloralLuxe

:colonhash:

ok well let's say if they were family, would you ignore letters and not go to visits when the rest of the family goes...?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending