The Student Room Group

What is / was your hardest GCSE?

Before you tell me - I know it is a completely subjective question and everyone has different strengths.

So what is / was your hardest GCSE subject?

I dont do GCSEs yet but at the moment for me it would have to be English.

Scroll to see replies

Biology was mine.
I put all my effort into it, and still ended up getting a B. I put less effort into all my other subjects and got As or higher. Biology was the worst.
Reply 2
Definetly Physics for me, I revised quite a bit and had loads of tutor lessons but I only got a B which I was honestly expecting because I knew I found it hard but it was still disappointing to get a B
The new food preparation & nutrition gcse is just awful
It was French for me. But that could have partly been down to the teacher being a bit of a tit.
The new french GCSE. I’m expected to get a 7 or 8 in everything and in French I’m struggling to get a 5. I can’t even pass the higher papers, I’m being knocked down to foundation.
Reply 6
Original post by Bill Nye
Before you tell me - I know it is a completely subjective question and everyone has different strengths.

So what is / was your hardest GCSE subject?

I dont do GCSEs yet but at the moment for me it would have to be English.

chemistry... ://
Reply 7
French because when they say "[INSERT GARBAGE]" in listening exams you have to somehow understand what it means
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 8
English because i didn’t understand what was going on and it was my most neglected gcse.
The only GCSE I failed was business but that was because the teacher only cared about having a fag and never planned lessons or actually taught us anything.

But the GCSE I found the hardest to revise for was maths because the questions were all so random.

I used to be bad at science but MyGcseScience YouTube videos saved my life. Trust me they can easily get you an A if you watched and take notes. There’s vids for every topic
Original post by xhyper22
French because when they say "[INSERT GARBAGE]" in listening exams you have to somehow understand what it means

Lots of people say French and science are bad

Spoiler

Reply 11
Physics. The content bored me to tears :colondollar:
Lots of people say French and science are bad

Spoiler

I didn't find French that bad to be honest!

My worst GCSE was Biology as I really didn't like it at all. Chemistry and Physics were fine - but not Biology.

In fact, Biology was the only GCSE, apart from Geography, whereby I had to do the Foundation Tier paper on. However, in Geography, it was likely because I struggled with the style of the papers and exam questions in the beginning, and that you needed a relatively high number of marks in the Higher Tier to get a C or above. Therefore, the first exam in Geography was Foundation, but the others I took the Higher paper, and that paid off (got a B overall). With Biology though, in Year 11 I resorted to going to the Foundation Tier to make sure I didn't get lower than a C grade - and thankfully, I got the C.
Original post by spotify95
I didn't find French that bad to be honest!

My worst GCSE was Biology as I really didn't like it at all. Chemistry and Physics were fine - but not Biology.

In fact, Biology was the only GCSE, apart from Geography, whereby I had to do the Foundation Tier paper on. However, in Geography, it was likely because I struggled with the style of the papers and exam questions in the beginning, and that you needed a relatively high number of marks in the Higher Tier to get a C or above. Therefore, the first exam in Geography was Foundation, but the others I took the Higher paper, and that paid off (got a B overall). With Biology though, in Year 11 I resorted to going to the Foundation Tier to make sure I didn't get lower than a C grade - and thankfully, I got the C.

tbh I will likely find French pretty difficult because I am not amazing at languages, but I enjoy it. And anyways - it is better than the other options (photography, textiles, drama, art, music, pe, sport, business, IT). I am not creative at all and am ridiculously shy in class like idc why.
(edited 6 years ago)
Spanish is without a doubt my worst subject. My teacher from year 9-10 didn't even have an opportunity to teach us properly. I tried my best but I barely learnt anything. Wasn't her fault really. It is pretty difficult to teach if you have retards throwing lidless bottles all over the class and water spraying everywhere. The class was well and truly a perpetual mess. The only people who are good at the subject in my class are fluent Spanish speakers and an Italian speaker. There are a few of us who try but even then we can't get over a grade 5. Most of us don't even know all the tenses. I sometimes feel so angry with my classmates but then I realise it's pointless. It's not going to change anything.
History was worse for me, I found science quite easy.
I am currently in year 10 and I am doing triple science, it's hard yes but it is worth it. You will get a lot of homework. I have 15 lessons of science on my timetable (it's a two week timetable so 15 lessons every fortnite) and yes it is hard but if you want to do it, it is so worth it. It will also increase chances of getting into sixthform/college/uni
Original post by HugeBloodyNerd
I am currently in year 10 and I am doing triple science, it's hard yes but it is worth it. You will get a lot of homework. I have 15 lessons of science on my timetable (it's a two week timetable so 15 lessons every fortnite) and yes it is hard but if you want to do it, it is so worth it. It will also increase chances of getting into sixthform/college/uni

No it doesn't.

It just makes the transition to A-Level sciences easier.
No it doesn't.

It just makes the transition to A-Level sciences easier.

Actually it does. When you would be reviewed for it something like triple science which contains 9 gcses it's going to show those in charge that you are a worthy choice for sixth form, as long as you pass it and do homework etc.
Original post by HugeBloodyNerd
Actually it does. When you would be reviewed for it something like triple science which contains 9 gcses it's going to show those in charge that you are a worthy choice for sixth form, as long as you pass it and do homework etc.

Nope.

A) wtf do you mean it contains 9 GCSEs? Do you mean 3?
B) They care more about the grades you get than the subjects you get them in - unless there is a specific requirement, which usually there isn't
C) You dont need triple science to do science A-Levels, let alone other courses.
D)Also - unis dont care if you take triple or not either. They generally want a pass in English and maths.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest