The Student Room Group

Would you date someone in prison?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bang Outta Order
:colonhash:

ok well let's say if they were family, would you ignore letters and not go to visits when the rest of the family goes...?

Course not. Unless they commited rape or something, i wouldnt mind going to visit them.
I can think of no circumstances in which I'd forgive a dishonesty offence.

I can think of some highly implausible circumstances in which I might forgive a violence offence.

Other matters, say possession offences, would be circumstance dependent.
No, my social circle is slightly different to yours and your pal's. I don't mix with criminals or prospective criminals.
Original post by FloralLuxe
Course not. Unless they commited rape or something, i wouldnt mind going to visit them.

lets just say you're better than me then...

but maybe Im a hypocrite. I was in jail on remand once :colondollar:
as in whether it's violent or non violent?

no, not exactly.

- anything sexual, such as paedophillia, rape, sexual assault... is a no-no.
- petty crimes, such as stealing, possession of drugs (maybe i can let that one slide), drug dealing... is a no-no.

- violent crimes, as long as it's somewhat justified, i can deal with. e.g. you decided to go on a killing spree on those responsible for killing your dog and stealing your car. however, if you assaulted someone because of anger management issues and you are actively seeking to reform yourself, maybe, though i highly doubt it.

it's a complex issue and it really depends on whether that person is worth your time. and that depends on if they tick all the boxes in what i look for in a partner and that also depends on the crime you commit, as your actions tell us what kind of person you really are.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Notorious_B.I.G.
No, my social circle is slightly different to yours and your pal's. I don't mix with criminals or prospective criminals.

k. thought we were all patched up and mates again.

what is your social circle then, besides imaginary :tea:
k. thought we were all patched up and mates again.

what is your social circle then, besides imaginary :tea:

I know. I just said it to wind you up. Then again, my best mate is a copper, so ...

But to be fair, my ideal mamacita is a young highly successful and intelligent professional. By being a criminal, they'd automatically exclude themselves from consideration.
Original post by num.7
no, not exactly.

- anything sexual, such as paedophillia, rape, sexual assault... is a no-no.
- petty crimes, such as stealing, possession of drugs (maybe i can let that one slide), drug dealing... is a no-no.

- violent crimes, as long as it's somewhat justified, i can deal with. e.g. you decided to go on a killing spree on those responsible for killing your dog and stealing your car. however, if you assaulted someone because of anger management issues and you are actively seeking to reform yourself, maybe, though i highly doubt it.

it's a complex issue and it really depends on whether that person is worth your time. and that depends on if they tick all the boxes in what i look for in a partner and that also depends on the crime you commit, as your actions tell us what kind of person you really are.

well i mean let's say you two were dating already is what Im asking. So they did tick all the boxes and that. And you loved em and all but then they got arrested. Would they be dead to you then? I kinda just wanna know what's "normal" to do.
In the UK, no

If I was living in the US though I would definitely be one of those girls who writes to one of the inmates, mainly one of the hottest ones

thats the problem here, all the prisoners are ugly. well british men in general are pretty ugly to me
Reply 29
well i mean let's say you two were dating already is what Im asking. So they did tick all the boxes and that. And you loved em and all but then they got arrested. Would they be dead to you then? I kinda just wanna know what's "normal" to do.

Are you planning on committing a crime or something?
Depends what hes in prison for

Something minor - maybe
Murder - definitely not...
...well unless he killed someone to try and protect me... but even then possibly no as he might be messed up in the head because of it

plus theres the issue of him being unemployable once coming out of prison therefore turning him into a useless bum. so mostly no
I know. I just said it to wind you up. Then again, my best mate is a copper, so ...

But to be fair, my ideal mamacita is a young highly successful and intelligent professional. By being a criminal, they'd automatically exclude themselves from consideration.

fair enuff
Original post by Nerry
Are you planning on committing a crime or something?

lmao. why cant i be the innocent one here and my bird got locked up? or, maybe Im talking about a family member :biggrin: i was in prison before but yea Im not going now
Original post by Anonymous
In the UK, no

If I was living in the US though I would definitely be one of those girls who writes to one of the inmates, mainly one of the hottest ones

thats the problem here, all the prisoners are ugly. well british men in general are pretty ugly to me

oh for god sake it's not about being a pen pal with a stranger, Im on about if you were dating ALREADY would you continue the relationship
Reply 34
lmao. why cant i be the innocent one here and my bird got locked up? or, maybe Im talking about a family member :biggrin: i was in prison before but yea Im not going now

you've been in prison? for what??
oh for god sake it's not about being a pen pal with a stranger, Im on about if you were dating ALREADY would you continue the relationship

What about that though? Say Gal Gadot were incarcerated for going on a murder spree and she explicitly requested you for her pen pal, so she can tell you about all her wildest fantasies -- how long would it take you to get yourself down to the Post Office for some 1st class stamps?
Original post by Nerry
you've been in prison? for what??

Id VM you but I dont enable mine and pming you is gay so idk..

but basically it was a violent crime that did it for me and loads of minors that racked up that nailed the coffin, but I was in jail awaiting court, and was released on probation last yr and yea its done now. But for everything I did I know people who get years for that...but anyways yea the thread question really wasnt about me haha
What about that though? Say Gal Gadot were incarcerated for going on a murder spree and she explicitly requested you for her pen pal, so she can tell you about all her wildest fantasies -- how long would it take you to get yourself down to the Post Office for some 1st class stamps?

she has the body of a transgender male. If it were Kat Dennings in prison I'd intentionally get arrested just to be closer to her x
lmao
Id VM you but I dont enable mine and pming you is gay so idk..

but basically it was a violent crime that did it for me and loads of minors that racked up that nailed the coffin, but I was in jail awaiting court, and was released on probation last yr and yea its done now. But for everything I did I know people who get years for that...but anyways yea the thread question really wasnt about me haha

mate... that is bang outta order
she has the body of a transgender male. If it were Kat Dennings in prison I'd intentionally get arrested just to be closer to her x
lmao

I wondered why I found her so hot.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending