The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hello
I am an EU student and I would've been in the UK for 2 years by the time my course starts in September 2018. I want to know if I qualify for tuition fees.
Original post by tillyfavoured
Hello
I am an EU student and I would've been in the UK for 2 years by the time my course starts in September 2018. I want to know if I qualify for tuition fees.

Were you living on the EU for at least a year before you came to the UK?

You need 3 years residence in the EEA by 1 Sept 2018 to qualify.

https://www.gov.uk/student-finance/who-qualifies
Original post by 999tigger
Were you living on the EU for at least a year before you came to the UK?

You need 3 years residence in the EEA by 1 Sept 2018 to qualify.

Yeah I was
Hey, I’m applying to medicine for 2019 entry. I am from Sweden. What student finance do I get from the UK?
How do I go about arranging tuition fees if I am an EU student and I want to firm a uni in England and insurance a uni in Scotland?
Reply 6
Hello, I was wondering if can I apply for EU student finance even if I’m still waiting for interview with London universities?
If yes, when and where can I apply for it?
Reply 7
Hi there, hungarian student here~ I could barely find any scholarships for EU students offered by the unis I applied to (scottish ones) and my question is that where should I search for non-uni specific scholarships? Are there scholarships for those coming from low income homes? Thank you for the answer c:
Hey I wanted to ask, because I need a loan to finance my tuition and I am an EU student, how I would do that? Like where should I apply, and what do I have to do?
Reply 9
Hello. I am from Romania and I applied for different universities across UK. As I have received my offers from all of them, when can I start applying for a student loan and what types of student loans are available? What do I need in order to be eligible for one?
Thank you!
Hello everyone. I'm from Belgium and I applied to a university in England and two in Scotland. I haven't received their answers to my offers yet, but where can I start searching for student loans, what type of loans are available and for which am I eligible? Thank you!!
Hey,
I am a irish student studying a levels in England. I have been a resident of the UK for 4 years. Do I qualify for student tuition and maintenance loans?

Kind regards
Original post by Abbas khoja
Hey,
I am a irish student studying a levels in England. I have been a resident of the UK for 4 years. Do I qualify for student tuition and maintenance loans?

Kind regards

Additionally, I am applying for 2018 entry, and have been accepted by a London University.
Hello!
I've got an offer of admission for an Mphil in Education At Cambridge University, and I applied before the funding deadline in December.
I have double citizenship, both UK and EU. What should I do while I wait for fundings to contact me back? Can I submit some more applications? and who to?
Thank you !!
Hi, I'm a EU citizen (Croatian) with an undergraduate degree from a Scottish university and I have an offer from Cambridge. As far as I'm aware, I can apply for the SLC as I've been resident in EU since I was born. However, that loan would only cover my tuition fees. Is there any other additional help, be it loans or scholarships (besides the ones offered by the university), that I could apply for that would help with living expenses?

Also, how much before the start of the course is ideal to apply for the loan? Mine starts in October 2018.
Original post by tillyfavoured
Yeah I was

EU students studying in England, Wales and Northern Ireland who do not have the relevant years residency within the United Kingdom will be eligible to apply for a Tuition Fee Loan only, to apply they must:

Be an EU National or be naturalised as an EU National

Be a family member of an EU National, a family member is defined as the spouse, civil partner, parent, step-parent, adoptive parent, child, step-child, grandparent*

Be the spouse or civil partner of a UK National

Have lived in the EEA or Switzerland for the three years prior to the first day of the first academic year of the course (EEA Family Members must have held a valid residential status for any periods of residency in the UK)

Be living in the United Kingdom on the first day of the first term of their course

Be attending a course which attracts funding

߀W "w�
<�W��w�
Original post by exothermic1
Hey, I’m applying to medicine for 2019 entry. I am from Sweden. What student finance do I get from the UK?

Whether you qualify for student finance depends on:
your university or college
your course
if you’ve studied a higher education course before
your age
your nationality or residency status

EU students studying in England, Wales and Northern Ireland who do not have the relevant years residency within the United Kingdom will be eligible to apply for a Tuition Fee Loan only, to apply they must:

Be an EU National or be Naturalised as an EU National
Be a family member of an EU National, a family member is defined as the spouse, civil partner, parent, step-parent, adoptive parent, child, step-child, grandparent
Be the spouse or civil partner of a UK National Have lived in the EEA or Switzerland for the three years prior to the first day of the first academic year of the course (EEA Family Members must have held a valid residential status for any periods of residency in the UK)
Be living in the United Kingdom on the first day of the first term of their course

Some EU students may be entitled to 'Home Student' funding if they: Are an EU National
Have lived in the United Kingdom for five or more years prior to the start of their course
Will be living in the United Kingdom on the first day of the first academic year of their course

Original post by TheBirder
How do I go about arranging tuition fees if I am an EU student and I want to firm a uni in England and insurance a uni in Scotland?

All EU students. with the exception of those studying in Scotland, should send completed Full Time and Part Time applications including any written correspondence and evidence to:

Student Finance Services European Team
Student Loans Company
PO Box 89
Darlington
County Durham
England
DL1 9AZ

EU Full Time and Part Time applications are available to print from www.gov.uk/student-finance-forms

EU Students studying in Scotland should apply directly through Student Awards Agency For Scotland (SAAS)
Original post by Luciaort
Hello, I was wondering if can I apply for EU student finance even if I’m still waiting for interview with London universities?
If yes, when and where can I apply for it?

The application process is now open. All EU students, with the exception of those studying in Scotland, should send completed Full Time and Part Time applications including any written correspondence and evidence to:

Student Loans Company
PO Box 89
Darlington
County Durham
England
DL1 9AZ

EU Full Time and Part Time applications are available to print from www.gov.uk/student-finance-forms
Original post by charlotteluth
Hey I wanted to ask, because I need a loan to finance my tuition and I am an EU student, how I would do that? Like where should I apply, and what do I have to do?

The application process is now open. All EU students, with the exception of those studying in Scotland, should send completed Full Time and Part Time applications including any written correspondence and evidence to:

Student Loans Company
PO Box 89
Darlington
County Durham
England
DL1 9AZ

Latest

Trending

Trending