The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

hi,
ive been doing moon l3 c1. and my code works its just not giving me the flag and i dont know why?? help pls?

this is my code:
for counter in range(0,50):
car = open("/tmp/cars.txt", "a+")
car.write("There are " + str(counter) + " cars \n")
car.close()
car1 = open("/tmp/cars.txt", "r")
print(car1.read())
car1.close()
Reply 141
Original post by juju2964
I am also stuck on that level could you please also guide me in the right direction? I have literally been staring for hours, what am I meant to do with orion?

Ever heard of user agents?
Original post by Jamiewinter
I really hope essentials teaches us more about python cus I have learnt **** all compared to making xml files etc in moon base 5 and 6

I'm bloody relying on it. The field manual and the moon base python introduction tasks are too limited; they don't teach you nearly enough.
Original post by Espyy
Ever heard of user agents?

Yes, but I cannot find an orion user agent... am I doing it wrong lol?
Reply 144
Yes, but I cannot find an orion user agent... am I doing it wrong lol?

You have to use a plug-in that lets you set the user agent :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
So I'm stuck on Level 3 (HQ), challenges 6, 10 and 11 and i've used hints and somehow I'm still stuck, especially the terminal one
Original post by Espyy
You have to use a plug-in that lets you set the user agent :smile:

The user-agent switcher doesn't have a browser setting for orion... Is there a method to setting it up for orion?
Reply 147
The user-agent switcher doesn't have a browser setting for orion... Is there a method to setting it up for orion?

Go on the chrome web store and search "user agent switcher". Find one that lets you set your own user agent string. No more hints :smile:
Original post by Espyy
Go on the chrome web store and search "user agent switcher". Find one that lets you set your own user agent string. No more hints :smile:

Thank you so much! LOL I tried looking up the browser on github etc.. and I WAS using the one where you could edit it! I just realised I'm very stupid... I only needed to say the browser name and not all the fancy jargon! Thanks :smile:
I have worked it out on the picture of mountain round
I have worked the mountain one out. It's simple
Anyone got HQ7-3 yet?
Anyone got HQ7-3 yet?

Not yet, but I have noticed that GET Requests in the URL do not reset when the page tries to reload. (I have tried adding "?hidden=false" and other random headers to the end of the URL.) This may be something to do with the answer or maybe not, still haven't found it yet..
Anyone got HQ7-3 yet?

How did you find the key for 6-9? It is a vigenere cipher right?
Original post by Ravish_Cejuswah
Not yet, but I have noticed that GET Requests in the URL do not reset when the page tries to reload. (I have tried adding "?hidden=false" and other random headers to the end of the URL.) This may be something to do with the answer or maybe not, still haven't found it yet..

I've just worked out L7 C3 you're right about the get request try changing it to ?file=

I'm stuck on L5 C3 i know its ls -a but i dont know how to open the file. I've tried grep cat vi nano but none of them work. Anyone any ideas?
Original post by danh2002
I've just worked out L7 C3 you're right about the get request try changing it to ?file=

I'm stuck on L5 C3 i know its ls -a but i dont know how to open the file. I've tried grep cat vi nano but none of them work. Anyone any ideas?

It is a directory. If your talking about after the directory cat should work.

How did you manage to do C6 L9?
It is a directory. If your talking about after the directory cat should work.

How did you manage to do C6 L9?

Thanks but i can't work out how to open the directory cd doesnt seem to work

C6 L9 uses an atbash cipher if that helps
Original post by danh2002
Thanks but i can't work out how to open the directory cd doesnt seem to work

C6 L9 uses an atbash cipher if that helps

make sure to include the '.' before the name...

Also how did you figure out it was atbash?
make sure to include the '.' before the name...

Also how did you figure out it was atbash?

Thanks i feel really stupid i kept adding / and it didnt work

I didn't know it was when i solved it but the answer said it was called an atbash cipher
Reply 159
What is it

Latest

Trending

Trending