The Student Room Group

16 years old Muslim, Saudi Gay! I NEED HELP!!!

so lets start from the beginning. I knew I was gay (or at least not as masculine as the others) when I was 6 or 7. I was raised in Saudi Arabia, surrounded by strict Muslim parents who were ALWAYS scared of society. We moved to the UK 3 years ago due to my mum's study, which was the greatest thing that has ever happened to me. When we first moved to the country, we weren't in london and spent 2 years and a couple of months in that city.
In that city i was in a liberal school. i came out to my friends and teachers and they have all been very supportive. However, we have unfortunately moved to another city as my dad started working at here which made life for me even harder! I'm currently studying at a school highly populated with strictly arab students whose parents are very close to my dad. so if they knew i'm gay, they would obviously tell their parents, who will then tell my parents and basically ruin my life.

What shall i do?
need your help!
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Wait a couple of years. When you go to uni you will have your own independent life and you’ll be able to study in uni and experience a totally new life! Don’t overthink it just do your studies and good luck!
Reply 2
Yes, wait until you are independent and in a safe environment to come out. There is absolutely no rush to come out. I’m sorry that youre going through this x
Endure it and wait it out. I promise it’ll be worth it, you just have to be patient. :heart:
your like 16? have you even kissed a boy or a girl??? too young to be deciding labels.
Being less masculine doesn't mean your gay and the Saudis don't just execute like that.
Reply 6
Middle East is a poison.

You're only 16, your life has barely even begun.

Yet they want to take it away over something so trivial as sexual orientation.

It really is complete stupidity.
Reply 7
you know your sexual orientation when you're 12 or 13. I knew i'm gay when i was 6 or 7
Reply 8
Not being so masculine doesn't mean the person is gay. But my friends who i came out to knew i was gay because of my femininity. Also, saudi DOES execute like that, sometimes even worse than that.
Reply 9
Wait until you go to uni or maybe after you have your resident card/british citizen and nobody can send you back to Saudi Arabia.
Reply 10
Agree 100%
Reply 11
I've always wondered about that.
Reply 12
[QUOTE="Heyok;76072932"]What does it feel like to be the child of a diplomat? I've always wondered about that.[/QUOTE
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by Heyok
Wait until you go to uni or maybe after you have your resident card/british citizen and nobody can send you back to Saudi Arabia.

that's the best solution:smile: thanx
Original post by quackers2003
your like 16? have you even kissed a boy or a girl??? too young to be deciding labels.

Unless that label is straight. People get their first crushes much younger than 16 on average. 16 isn’t too young to know which way you swing.
You can report this to the police and go into foster care if the situation becomes dangerous. Worth reading up on.
Reply 16
Original post by Anonymous
You can report this to the police and go into foster care if the situation becomes dangerous. Worth reading up on.

I totally get what you mean, but I would rather keep it as a secret forever than lose my family. I love them more than anything in my whole life.

I'll try to come out to them this summer after I finish my gcses.

thanx for the reply :smile:
Accept who you are because you're beautiful!
Don't let any text, person or authority tell you any different.
Reply 18
Original post by orderofthelotus
Unless that label is straight. People get their first crushes much younger than 16 on average. 16 isn’t too young to know which way you swing.

:h:
Reply 19
Original post by 2002nawaf
X

You give too much information in there. Delete your OP.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending