The Student Room Group

CBSE UCAS 2018 Applicants thread

I didn't see any updated thread for all the CBSE students applying on UCAS, so I decided to start one! Post any of your doubts and/or problems regarding UCAS or choosing the right school.

Also, if you want, mention the university, predicted scores and course you're applying for. I'll start-

Course- Bsc. Sociology with Study Abroad (4 years)
Predicted Grades- A*AAAB (overall average- 87%) , 2A*s and 3As at GCSE equivalent (9.4 CGPA in Grade 10)
Universities applying: Bristol (offer), Exeter (offer), LSE (waiting- invite for the UGAA received), Leeds (waiting), Leicester (offer)
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by risamaine
I didn't see any updated thread for all the CBSE students applying on UCAS, so I decided to start one! Post any of your doubts and/or problems regarding UCAS or choosing the right school.

Also, if you want, mention the university, predicted scores and course you're applying for. I'll start-

Course- Bsc. Sociology with Study Abroad (4 years)
Predicted Grades- A*AAAB (overall average- 87%) , 2A*s and 3As at GCSE equivalent (9.4 CGPA in Grade 10) (I've converted my predicted marks into grades according to the conversion chart I made after researching 20+ Unis; I will put it below)
Universities applying: Bristol (offer), Exeter (offer), LSE (waiting- invite for the UGAA received), Leeds (waiting), Leicester (offer)

This is the conversion chart I made (please take it only as a comparison for broad understanding on where you lie with regards to entry requirements and not as a 100% accurate conversion)-

91-100%- A*
81-90%- A
71- 80%- B
61- 70%- C
51-60%- D
...and so on.

Please don't try and convert your grades. Unis will use each country's grading system differently and will set their entry requirements for that country accordingly.
Reply 2
Original post by alleycat393
Please don't try and convert your grades. Unis will use each country's grading system differently and will set their entry requirements for that country accordingly.

For a comparison- I do agree that unis use it differently, but none of the ones I've seen (RG and non-RG) use very different ones from the one I've identified (and if that, its usually lower! Not higher; Durham Uni comes to mind)
Original post by risamaine
For a comparison- I do agree that unis use it differently, but none of the ones I've seen (RG and non-RG) use very different ones from the one I've identified (and if that, its usually lower! Not higher; Durham Uni comes to mind)

It isn't a question of agreeing or not. It's a question of confusing people into thinking that there is a conversion chart. Unis also consider contextual info so please don't use any form of chart or conversion.

On a side note the RG doesn't mean much to an undergrad so I wouldn't worry about that either.
Reply 4
Original post by alleycat393
It isn't a question of agreeing or not. It's a question of confusing people into thinking that there is a conversion chart. Unis also consider contextual info so please don't use any form of chart or conversion.

On a side note the RG doesn't mean much to an undergrad so I wouldn't worry about that either.

Hmm, okay! If it really might confuse somebody, I'll take it off

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending