The Student Room Group

emailing teachers

Today I was told by one of my teachers (who is also assistant principal) that I am no longer allowed to email her as they are apparently getting too informal,even though they are actually more formal.

ok, so I started emailing her roughly 6 months ago,they used to be asking to talk or going over personal problems, She said I wasn't allowed to email her about things like that, which I can understand, so I stopped.

revision was arranged for today but no one knew the exact time so I emailed her asking where it was, When it was and what we need to bring.

Today I was told that I wasn't allowed to email her at all anymore, even about academic stuff, which I found frustrating, as if i do email her she will have to report it.

So I just wanted your opinions on what I should do and if you feel it's right for her to stop me?
Reply 1
It's not personal, she's covering her back for child protection/safeguarding reasons.
Hello.

You should be able to email the teachers but sometimes they get quite funny, because they are teachers, they will be busy most of the time and either forget to reply or you will get a late reply. Instead maybe you should see her on the day or early in the morning before school/college time? I use to email my teacher about certain things but then I stopped because i thought I was annoying them, Teachers are most time busy so that's probably why she asked you to stop. I wouldn't worry about it.
Original post by Nerd_101
Today I was told by one of my teachers (who is also assistant principal) that I am no longer allowed to email her as they are apparently getting too informal,even though they are actually more formal.

ok, so I started emailing her roughly 6 months ago,they used to be asking to talk or going over personal problems, She said I wasn't allowed to email her about things like that, which I can understand, so I stopped.

revision was arranged for today but no one knew the exact time so I emailed her asking where it was, When it was and what we need to bring.

Today I was told that I wasn't allowed to email her at all anymore, even about academic stuff, which I found frustrating, as if i do email her she will have to report it.

So I just wanted your opinions on what I should do and if you feel it's right for her to stop me?

I don't blame them, especially when you see all these abuse cases etc on the news. A very litigious world we live in.

Curious as to whether or not you were e-mailing from your personal address or school e-mail? Some teachers are happy to receive e-mails from your .sch.uk address but not a personal one.
Reply 4
Original post by Geek5
It's not personal, she's covering her back for child protection/safeguarding reasons.

All of the safeguarding is a bit to much these days
Reply 5
Original post by Blue_Cow
I don't blame them, especially when you see all these abuse cases etc on the news. A very litigious world we live in.

Curious as to whether or not you were e-mailing from your personal address or school e-mail? Some teachers are happy to receive e-mails from your .sch.uk address but not a personal one.

It is, and I sent it from my school email
Reply 6
Screenshot_20180212-135420-compressed.png.jpeg
I get It now

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending