The Student Room Group

James Bulger- 2 year old boy totured and killed

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheGirlFelonXxXx
What I dont get is that Thompson came from a more difficult background whereas Venebles came from a decent one and it was a good household
How is that Robert recovered but Jon couldnt?

Maybe Thompson wanted to recover, Venebles didn’t.
Original post by SABDU
I swear when i found out my blood was cold

I can relate. I first heard of it 3 years when we were studying something in school and we had to watch the clip, and as soon as I saw that clip with James holding the hands of one of the boys, it seriously broke my heart and the mothers story of how she let go of her hand for one moment and the next he was gone
What I dont get is that Thompson came from a more difficult background whereas Venebles came from a decent one and it was a good household
How is that Robert recovered but Jon couldnt?

Because it's not just someone's background that determines how they act or behave. Although a lot of offenders do come from an unhealthy home, abusive or neglectful families or live in poverty, you will always find some who come from decent, wealthy, loving backgrounds.
Seriously how can anyone do this. They initially took another boy but soon as they were leaving the mother stopped them.

It was a cold blooded murder. People like venebles holding pics of underage children as young as 2 should have their identities released
Original post by bones-mccoy
Because it's not just someone's background that determines how they act or behave. Although a lot of offenders do come from an unhealthy home, abusive or neglectful families or live in poverty, you will always find some who come from decent, wealthy, loving backgrounds.

I think thats what shocked me
There are photos of venebles circulating on Twitter, looks exactly like him. They might be real, who knows.
Original post by ReadySalted28
There are photos of venebles circulating on Twitter, looks exactly like him. They might be real, who knows.

Apparently his past inmates have a picture of him and they are gonna leak it
Yeah I heard something like that too GirlFelon. The judicial system is a joke, i watched death row 2018 documentary a guy called Ronald Sanford killed 2 people when he was 13 he's now 45 still in prison. you can see he is fully rehabilitated and can make a positive influence on violence if he got out but they won't release him. He can apply for parol when he is 100. What a joke
What good would it achieve? It would only lead to more crime by ****witted vigilantes who think they have the right to serve justice.
Yeah I heard something like that too GirlFelon. The judicial system is a joke, i watched death row 2018 documentary a guy called Ronald Sanford killed 2 people when he was 13 he's now 45 still in prison. you can see he is fully rehabilitated and can make a positive influence on violence if he got out but they won't release him. He can apply for parol when he is 100. What a joke

A similar case to the Bulger one was the killing of Jamie Campbell, the 3 year old who was taken from his Grandmas garden by a 11 year old and he was also beaten to death
Yes as they arent 10 anymore. Anything that happens to them as a result is deserved.

This country is far too liberal and wish washy when in comes to punishment.
We cannot have a society that metes out justice via a lynch mob. That much is abundantly clear.

However, failing the death penalty, this animal should remain behind bars for the rest of his life.
Original post by 04MR17
I went to school 5 minutes from where he was killed.:frown:

:frown: alsop? Such a horrible thing to happen, it makes me feel sick to my stomach. My brother was 1 year old when this happened and the strand was my mums regular shopping centre. Its heartbreaking to even think of what poor James went through. Rip James xx
A similar case to the Bulger one was the killing of Jamie Campbell, the 3 year old who was taken from his Grandmas garden by a 11 year old and he was also beaten to death

Wow just read on that now 😪 I seriously don't understand what goes through some poeples mind to think this is acceptable
I hate living in the area where this happened, :frown: the strand shopping centre is the place I go to shop with my 8m/o daughter, i NEVER let her out of my sight. I hate the thought of what happened, the poor little boy (James) :frown:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by OldTimer30
We cannot have a society that metes out justice via a lynch mob. That much is abundantly clear.

However, failing the death penalty, this animal should remain behind bars for the rest of his life.

Dont think that would of helped him, when he was first admitted to a prison, he was given special treatment from the staff just bcuz of his age, image if he was never let out? Jon would of still been enjoying life behind a prison but in the end he would of got killed
Wow just read on that now 😪 I seriously don't understand what goes through some poeples mind to think this is acceptable

Yep. And why kids?
Ikr. This Serial killer kills like 30+ people and police only know of 2 atm he won't tell them where the bodies are. In the doc Trevor asks why he killed his mums best friend and everyone he laughs and says ' dunno felt like it', he said he can kill, mutilate body and go have out and have dinner as normal. How damn twisted is that. When he said that, I felt giving his a hard back hand slap 😡
Dont think that would of helped him, when he was first admitted to a prison, he was given special treatment from the staff just bcuz of his age, image if he was never let out? Jon would of still been enjoying life behind a prison but in the end he would of got killed

Im not sure im following you..........
Original post by OldTimer30
Im not sure im following you..........

As in, if he was still in prison for what he did, then it wouldnt of made a difference for him. There was a article about a inmate saying how Venebals got special treatment bcuz of his age

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending