The Student Room Group

How much I get while studying

I'm due to start a three year course at University this September 2018. I've here so many different things from various people about the financial help I'll receive that I'm completely lost as to what I'll get or if I'll even be able to afford to go to university. My course is Diagnostic radiography. I'm a lone parent of 2 aged 5 & 10 and am currently not working.
I know the NHS scrapped the bursery but would just like to know how other parents do it? What help can I receive while studying
Original post by KAB86
I'm due to start a three year course at University this September 2018. I've here so many different things from various people about the financial help I'll receive that I'm completely lost as to what I'll get or if I'll even be able to afford to go to university. My course is Diagnostic radiography. I'm a lone parent of 2 aged 5 & 10 and am currently not working.
I know the NHS scrapped the bursery but would just like to know how other parents do it? What help can I receive while studying

Hi KAB86,

As Diagnostic radiography is classed as an Allied Health professional course and this course no longer attract NHS bursary funding, student would be entitled to receive the full package of support from Student Finance.
You would be eligible to receive a Tuition Fee Loan of up to £9250 along with means tested Maintenance Loan and if you have dependents ,you also maybe eligible to apply for Parental Learning allowance and childcare.
In addition to the funding from Student Finance you may still be eligible for additional funding from the NHS. You can contact them directly to discuss additional funding .

I would suggest that you use that Student Finance Calculator online to check your entitlement .

http://bit.ly/1eWRiXJ

Thanks

Louise

Quick Reply