The Student Room Group

No house sorted for second year

I'm in my first year of uni and I'm starting to panic because people are looking into shared houses, shared flats etc and I don't even know who I'm going to live with, let alone where I'm going to live.

I looked online at a few house shares and flat shares with people already living in them - the kind where you rent a room in an existing shared house. But none of them are available after summer: they're all stuff like "move in end of feb" or "move in immediately"

Is it safe to wait until summer to start house hunting? My university (uni of westminster) has some kind of summer house hunting events, but they're not until the end of august/beginning of september, which is maybe cutting it pretty close?

They have a facebook group but it's archived right now so nobody can post or comment in it.
Original post by Padfoot22
I'm in my first year of uni and I'm starting to panic because people are looking into shared houses, shared flats etc and I don't even know who I'm going to live with, let alone where I'm going to live.

I looked online at a few house shares and flat shares with people already living in them - the kind where you rent a room in an existing shared house. But none of them are available after summer: they're all stuff like "move in end of feb" or "move in immediately"

Is it safe to wait until summer to start house hunting? My university (uni of westminster) has some kind of summer house hunting events, but they're not until the end of august/beginning of september, which is maybe cutting it pretty close?

They have a facebook group but it's archived right now so nobody can post or comment in it.

If you dont have any poyentials then you cna either advertise yourself to join an existing group or put one tgether by meeting people in a simiklar situation. Start your own group.

It has pros and cons.

1. Pre- existing group. Can be clique and be careful that you will get on with them. Places become available though.

2. make your own group. More admin, but you all start off on an equal footing and you get to select people plis its less clique. As you know them less then take time choosing as they could be great ir unreliable. Involves more organising.

3. Student hall (private) then its just you and your own room plus ranoms to share with.

I'd go for 2. theres plenty of time yet and its up to you if you wnat to get it sorted before the summer. people always cancel and spares become abailable so dont panic. lost of people will be in your situation.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending