The Student Room Group

Somebody help me! i like this girl on my course

thank you all first of all for taking your time to read this!

Scroll to see replies

well, it depends o what you should do, if you like her, then tell her.
Original post by TangledInStrings
thank you all first of all for taking your time to read this!

Read what? You have only posted a line, what a waste of my 1 minute
My advice is don't ever talk to her, ever
ok here goes guys

I am a final year student, I like this girl in my course same year.

I am considered good looking, tall and a kind person, by people around me.

I also recognise the fact that i am narually a shy person, an introvert, due to my background and upbringing. I cannot say its all bad, because it has given me a sensitive, creative and artistic side which i appreciate.

I have never had the courage to talk to the girl i fancy. Because of my family and upbringing which i wont bore you with, I have suffered from anxiety and depression for the past, including my early uni years.

I would like to think that i have overcome a lot of the problems by now, in that i am now a much more confident person in interactions and communication.

I wish i was like now when i first entered uni. i was very different back then.

anyway, to the point, because of all these troubles i had in the past, i do not know many of the people on my course, including this girl who i like.

i know some of my coursemates and we would work together and grab a dirnk sometimes too. but i feel incredily vulnerable and anxious when it comes to the fact that i do not know her, nor she does me. i obeserved the people she is close with, i do not know them either.

anyway, life is full of these little details. i walked to the cafe to buy a coffee and just as i walked past the window i saw its that girl i like sitting alone doing revision.

I went in to buy a coffee, believe me ladies and gentlemen, i wanted almost every second while i was in the queue to just grab my coffee and walk up to her and talk. but i suffered struggled and didnt go to her

i saw her from behind, sitting alone working, i would loved to go up to her and introduce myself if this was first year and i just remember her from the class. because now i am confident enough. if it was me when i was a fresher, hell no i would not have been able to do that you see.

but thats wishful thinking as i am a different person now and a different time which cannot be turned back.

i felt pain because it would be awkward for me to just be like oh we are final years now and i like you and we still dont know each other nor do i know your friedns.

i felt vulnerable, i walked the oppsite way never even got close to her. i would have liked to be able to have a chance to get to know her, but i felt the awkwardness would outweight whatever else is there.

i would have liked to get to know her,

i would have... not say all of these (somewhat valid?) excuses to you now if i am a stronger more confident man. just as i am stronger more confident than when i entered uni. its just i felt it would be awkward to approach her.

we are in the same classes a lot, and in an hour time we will be in the same seminar again.

there are 200+ people in my course, most i do not know. is that normal?

but anyways, thank you all kind ladies and gentlemen to take the time to read this, and i appreciate any suggestions you share with me!
Original post by LoveLifeAndPie
well, it depends o what you should do, if you like her, then tell her.

im afriad its a little more complicarted than just that :frown:
Original post by TheGirlFelonXxXx

haha, i thought id just post the title and then wirte up the rest of the question haha
haha, i thought id just post the title and then wirte up the rest of the question haha

Wow, so you get some attention for your thread?

no becasue before this i spent time typing up everything and clicked post, it did not go through and i had to redo everything.
Original post by Humz007
My advice is don't ever talk to her, ever

its more complicated but what you said is actually what im doing right now as much as i dont want to.
The same course, revises alone. Why don't you ask if she needs someone to study with for an upcoming exam?
no becasue before this i spent time typing up everything and clicked post, it did not go through and i had to redo everything.

Look why dont you just try focusing on your course instead of girls?
A girl wont cement your education for the future

I like the savagness in this user
Original post by james ionicbond
I like the savagness in this user

Is that supposed to be a compliment or a insult?
Look why dont you just try focusing on your course instead of girls?
A girl wont cement your education for the future

I get what you say, but i have been single for a year and a half, i am doing my best to do my best with my course, but at the same time, there is more colours one might wish to add to their paitings.
I get what you say, but i have been single for a year and a half, i am doing my best to do my best with my course, but at the same time, there is more colours one might wish to add to their paitings.

Nice words but whats wrong with being single? Not everything resolves around being in a relationship

you're a little brutal today
Original post by Ray_Shadows
you're a little brutal today

How? I have just been honest
How? I have just been honest

this guy has a crush on someone and you ask what's wrong with being single

right before valentine day aswell
Original post by Ray_Shadows
this guy has a crush on someone and you ask what's wrong with being single

right before valentine day aswell

Atleast Im giving some constructive advice and I honestly am not meaning to hurt OP's feeling but I want him to know that being single isnt a bad thing. Tell me, have I said anything that could possibly offeended him?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending