The Student Room Group

My boyfriend is going on a guys holiday?

(edited 6 years ago)
if you can't trust him then you should break up with him
Original post by Anonymousgirll96
Hi guys I just need a bit of advice for this as I have been axious about this recently.
Ive been dating my boyfriend for 3 and a half years and he had told me a few months back that his friends wanted him to go on holiday to spain. 3 of the guys he is going with are single however the area he is going to is apparently a family type resort from what he has told me. I get quite worried because at the beginning of the relationship there was one episode of cheating (kissing) so ever since then ive found it hard to maintain trust. I am an insecure person anway as this is my first serious relationship, we want to move out this year together so I dont want things to be jeopardised. But he has reassured me countless times that things will.be alright and has always been there for me when I get upset, never bailed on me when meeting up or anything. From the episode of cheating some of his friends messaged me and told me how its not like him to do that and that he loves me etc and stuff, apparently the girl pushed herself onto him but I dunno thats what I was told. Im always invited out with his pals on nights out and he is usually very honest with me about where he goes and stuff. This will be the first time however he has gone away with his guy friends on holiday so I dont want to stop him but at the same time I cant help but feel worried about it. I cant stop him as i've been away with my friends abroad myself, but I just want a bit of advice on how to feel better about the situation and how to stop being so over sensitive to things :frown: or is there something which I should be worried about. Thank you x

Being insecure honestly doesnt help, you have to trust especially if he has been honest with u in the past and a lack of trust can cause problems in the relationshop
Reply 3
Hi guys I just need a bit of advice for this as I have been axious about this recently.
Ive been dating my boyfriend for 3 and a half years and he had told me a few months back that his friends wanted him to go on holiday to spain. 3 of the guys he is going with are single however the area he is going to is apparently a family type resort from what he has told me. I get quite worried because at the beginning of the relationship there was one episode of cheating (kissing) so ever since then ive found it hard to maintain trust. I am an insecure person anway as this is my first serious relationship, we want to move out this year together so I dont want things to be jeopardised. But he has reassured me countless times that things will.be alright and has always been there for me when I get upset, never bailed on me when meeting up or anything. From the episode of cheating some of his friends messaged me and told me how its not like him to do that and that he loves me etc and stuff, apparently the girl pushed herself onto him but I dunno thats what I was told. Im always invited out with his pals on nights out and he is usually very honest with me about where he goes and stuff. This will be the first time however he has gone away with his guy friends on holiday so I dont want to stop him but at the same time I cant help but feel worried about it. I cant stop him as i've been away with my friends abroad myself, but I just want a bit of advice on how to feel better about the situation and how to stop being so over sensitive to things :frown: or is there something which I should be worried about. Thank you x

If you don't trust him shouldn't be with him.
Reply 4

Put your foot down and tell him you do not want him to go.

considering his past I think you have good reason, and 3 single lads will probably have a bad influence on him in terms of ladies...

A friend of mine once went on a lads holiday and was talking about how he's looking forward to getting with all the girls. when i said to him "what will your gf say about that?" his response was "what she doesn't know can't hurt her..."
Chill out and have trust in him. You'd hope he'd have trust in you as well right?
I went on holiday with 3 female friends while our boyfriends were all away on a lads holiday. 2 of the girls were so paranoid all the time and could not stop texting and checking up on their boyfriends. It was literally all they talked about for the whole holiday. Don't be those insecure girls, it's more likely to push your boyfriend away if he can see you're needy, insecure and have no trust. Be confident in yourself and the great relationship you have. Don't mother him and give him a curfew and expect him to text you back immediately every night. I'd suggest keeping yourself busy while he's away and keep in touch via snapchat or something so you can have peace of mind that you know he is where he says he is. I'm sure he'll understand why you're a bit concerned as he has previously cheated so just tell him to keep you updated so you know he's safe. He might be very keen to prove to you that he's a good loyal boyfriend. Let him enjoy his holiday though, don't be his nagging mum.
You’ve probably cheated when you went away with your mates that’s why you are worried
Oh wow, some people ^^^^^^ are so rude! I can understand that you would be worried. Its hard when your not physically there but you have just got to completely trust him. I would be feeling the same though if my bf was going on a lads holiday. All you can do is have trust in him. Let him have fun with his mates. Its awful when you want to just be fine with it and let him go i no. xxx
you've already posted this , wtf is wrong with you
Original post by Ray_Shadows
you've already posted this , wtf is wrong with you

If you dont like the post then do one
Original post by Anonymous
If you dont like the post then do one

If you don't like the replies you got first time , then you do one

i hope he finds someone better
If you can't trust him after 3 and a half years you're better off single

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ray_Shadows
If you don't like the replies you got first time , then you do one

i hope he finds someone better

Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed?:erm:
Reply 14
if you don't trust him then why are you going out with him?
Original post by Monclér
Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed?:erm:

no i woke up on the wrong side of trust :frown:

Quick Reply