The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

Reading Pharmacy interview

What are the reading interviews for pharmacy like? I heard they give you a short numeracy test—I’m so scared!
Original post by DoctorAngel
What are the reading interviews for pharmacy like? I heard they give you a short numeracy test—I’m so scared!

Hi :smile:

Firstly, don't be scared! Everyone will be in the same position as you and I understand it can seem daunting, just be yourself!

We have a description of the assessment day sent by one of the pharmacy members of staff- hopefully this can help you prepare for the day!

The day consists of an introductory talk followed by an assessment. This is a 30 minute paper-based test, consisting of questions relating to personal values and basic maths. This is the end of the assessment on the day.

After this there is an activity, based on a section of the Part 2 MPharm course, a taster lecture and a tour of the department. These do not form a part of the assessment and current MPharm students will be there to help with this (they are fantastic and help us a lot with running these days!). This is therefore an opportunity for the applicants to talk to both current students and members of staff within the department, who can answer any questions that they may have.

Applicants can expect to hear back in around a week, either with an offer or a rejection. There is no further interview or assessment after the day. All applications will be looked at as a whole i.e. predicted/achieved grades, personal statement, reference and the admissions test will all be taken into account when deciding whether to give an offer.

Hope this helped- any further questions feel free to ask!
Good luck!

Sophie
Final year Philosophy student :smile:
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending