The Student Room Group

Valentine's presents?

I am completely unsure of what to get my boyfriend for valentine's. It's something we want to do, and I wanted to get him something he likes and wants. The only problem is, every time he mentions that he would like something to me, within a week his parents have already got it for him. He is very grateful and he doesn't ask for much. But everything I can think of that is affordable, he already has. Food/ sweets are off the radar as I know he wont appreciate it (he got so much from Christmas he hasn't eaten). He is a very lovely and grateful guy and will not be mean whatever I get him, but I need some obscure and different ideas so I can find something that he will like that he doesn't already have? Please help! :smile:
You could get a nice photo of the two of you in a frame?
Original post by Bxckii
I am completely unsure of what to get my boyfriend for valentine's. It's something we want to do, and I wanted to get him something he likes and wants. The only problem is, every time he mentions that he would like something to me, within a week his parents have already got it for him. He is very grateful and he doesn't ask for much. But everything I can think of that is affordable, he already has. Food/ sweets are off the radar as I know he wont appreciate it (he got so much from Christmas he hasn't eaten). He is a very lovely and grateful guy and will not be mean whatever I get him, but I need some obscure and different ideas so I can find something that he will like that he doesn't already have? Please help! :smile:

A nice necklace broken into two pieces? So you have one half and he has a other, and when the heart is connected together a nice message is written about both of you. If someone got me that, it would be such a nice and sweet gesture
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Bxckii

What about an experience day of something he likes?

https://www.redletterdays.co.uk
Reply 4
Original post by EdwardBarfield9
You could get a nice photo of the two of you in a frame?

I like this idea, I might even do a painting actually. Thanks :smile:

Original post by TheGirlFelonXxXx
A nice necklace broken into two pieces? So you have one half and he has a other, and when the heart is connected together a nice message is written about both of you. If someone got me that, it would be such a nice and sweet gesture

That's so cute, I will have a look around, he would probably appreciate that, I will see if there is like a rope bracelet version or a pendant.

Original post by Jack22031994
What about an experience day of something he likes?

https://www.redletterdays.co.uk

I would have bounced on this idea, but I have already given him a flying lesson experience day at christmas, so I would have gone for a more materialistic set up this time, but good suggestion :smile:
Original post by Bxckii

I would have bounced on this idea, but I have already given him a flying lesson experience day at christmas, so I would have gone for a more materialistic set up this time, but good suggestion :smile:

ah thanks :smile: Yeah, that does make sense! That was such a cool present!
Original post by Bxckii

That's so cute, I will have a look around, he would probably appreciate that, I will see if there is like a rope bracelet version or a pendant.

Exactly thats even better because hes a guy and everything and tbh they arent even that expensive
Reply 7
Get something personalised.

Look into a "light box", it is a box where you can write a personalised message with a custom design and it lights up. It's really unique and sweet.

My girlfriend got this for me for Christmas and it's really sweet.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending