The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I tried most common ciphers and atbash came up :smile: Anyone had any luck with the SSH problems?
Hello, I asked for a hand almost a week ago, but no-one replied, so I'm here to re-iterate that.

I cannot solve the HQ Level 4, Challenge 5. I have been stuck on it for almost a week.

If anyone could help me, that would be most appreciated.
This host supports AMD-V, but AMD-V is disabled. AMD-V might be disabled if it has been disabled in the BIOS/firmware settings or the host has not been power-cycled since changing this setting.
(1) Verify that the BIOS/firmware settings enable AMD-V.
(2) Power-cycle the host if this BIOS/firmware setting has been changed.
(3) Power-cycle the host if you have not done so since installing VMware Player.
(4) Update the host's BIOS/firmware to the latest version.
This host does not support "AMD RVI" hardware assisted MMU virtualization. Module 'CPUIDEarly' power on failed. Failed to start the virtual machine.

Second to that, when trying to use the VM, I get this message.

Thanks
Original post by OnionWolf
Hello, I asked for a hand almost a week ago, but no-one replied, so I'm here to re-iterate that.

I cannot solve the HQ Level 4, Challenge 5. I have been stuck on it for almost a week.

If anyone could help me, that would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Just inspect element and look at the script. It's pretty easy to interpret the javascript code, but if your struggling, you can try putting some of it into an online compiler and run it to see what the output is.
Original post by J_2theamie
Just inspect element and look at the script. It's pretty easy to interpret the javascript code, but if your struggling, you can try putting some of it into an online compiler and run it to see what the output is.

I have tried running it in a compiler, and it returns "Undefined"
OnionWolf Just read the code then, and try to make sense if it. Pick out the relevant parts of it, and look at what the code tells you to do with them. If you still have no idea, do the first levels of moon base and it'll teach you some stuff about coding that could help.
Reply 165
I need help on level 4 C4 and C11
Original post by Ceph
I need help on level 4 C4 and C11

C4- Do something that you wouldn't usually do with an image file... Open it with something else...

C11 - One of them has the wrong extension. Download them and check to see if you can change the extension to find the flag.
Can someone help me out and explain SQL injections to me? I'm stuck on L6 C2
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by danh2002
Thanks i feel really stupid i kept adding / and it didnt work

I didn't know it was when i solved it but the answer said it was called an atbash cipher

What did you use then?
Anyone got an idea about the SSH on Lvl 6? Both problems?
I'm struggling to find anything for basically all the SSH challenges except for the one that asks for the surname. I use grep to try to find "password" or "flag" and it just comes up with a never ending list of things, and I genuinely don't know where to look. Any help?
It's mad to see the difficulty curve, you can clearly see how less challenges i've done in 10 compared to like 7 :biggrin:
Original post by juju2964
What did you use then?

I used the same technique i just didn't know it was called an atbash cipher
Original post by Jamiewinter
It's mad to see the difficulty curve, you can clearly see how less challenges i've done in 10 compared to like 7 :biggrin:

Wow yours looks almost identical to mine. The challenges in level 11 get so difficult.

Which challenge do you left in level 7? I'm stuck on L7C11 was wondering if anyone has done it.
Reply 174
Original post by Ravish_Cejuswah
C4- Do something that you wouldn't usually do with an image file... Open it with something else...

C11 - One of them has the wrong extension. Download them and check to see if you can change the extension to find the flag.

which is the 6th file isn't it
and what for L4 C4
SSH anyone?
Original post by Ceph
which is the 6th file isn't it
and what for L4 C4

Correct - the 6th file isn't really a .gif. Download the gif itself and try opening it as a different file.

For L4 C4, it is a similar process, using the 4th picture (the one with a foreground of a forest and mountains in the background. )

Try downloading both files and opening them using a different program(maybe one used commonly for notes... much like a pad of paper....)

How did you manage to do the ssh ones on Level 7?
Original post by juju2964
How did you manage to do the ssh ones on Level 7?

What numbers are they?
What numbers are they?

L7 C4

Latest

Trending

Trending