The Student Room Group

Gcse maths - 13 marks in all 3 papers for a C

It says 41 marks in total so they had to get around 13 marks for a 4!!!!! Am i getting this right cos it seems way too easy
No wonder why i didnt see anyone failing their gcses last year. Grade boundaries were extremely low. I hope theyre like that for the resit
LOL at exam boards.
I'm not complaining though
Original post by arizonaidiot
LOL at exam boards.

They’re literally saving lives. Bless them.
I hope the grade boundaries rise by 20 e.g 210/240 for a 9. This is what I'm preparing for
Original post by erratic_deus
I hope the grade boundaries rise by 20 e.g 210/240 for a 9. This is what I'm preparing for

Why the hell would you want it to rise??
Original post by FloralLuxe
They’re literally saving lives. Bless them.

I'm in AS so can't enjoy the same pleasure :frown:
Got an A* at igcse though :colone:
Why the hell would you want it to rise??

I would love for it to decrease but let's be practical about it. They will deffo not make it 41/240 for a C
and remember last year, so many people were entered for higher when they should've done foundation.
This won't happen too much this year.
Reply 8

i reckon it will be around 200 but i could easily be wrong
I would love for it to decrease but let's be practical about it. They will deffo not make it 41/240 for a C
and remember last year, so many people were entered for higher when they should've done foundation.
This won't happen too much this year.

Yeah but you said you HOPE it increases:frown:( they might see this and grant your wish. And thats bad for people like us who just want to pass
I'm in AS so can't enjoy the same pleasure :frown:
Got an A* at igcse though :colone:

Me too but id rather fail one of my a levels and resit next year than fail my maths gcse again. If i pass this year id cry
Oh wow thats great. Congrats:smile:
It will probably rise by about 6-10 marks for the second year
Original post by HateOCR
It will probably rise by about 6-10 marks for the second year

****:frown:
LOL at exam boards.

Lmao no, the only reason the grade boundaries were low is because everyone flopped around the UK! The same percentage of people that failed in the year before is the same as the people who failed this year.
****:frown:

You’re doing A-levels as you mentioned on your blog so why should it matter.
Original post by HateOCR
You’re doing A-levels as you mentioned on your blog so why should it matter.

I’m retaking maths
Reply 16
Grade boundaries are how they are for a reason. The pass mark was so low because people found the papers difficult. Each year, roughly, the same amount of people pass so it isn't to say that it was easier to pass last year

Whyyyyy :angry: I want that 9 PLEASE it's my last ever time doing maths at school

Quick Reply

Latest