The Student Room Group

Will an adult depend on you financially

Hello there I'm confused on this question, Will an adult depend on you financially on the first day of the academic year?

My mother gets no money from any grants or income, but my father works and she does not. Do I select no, as she is fine the way she is now?
Original post by Turnips
Hello there I'm confused on this question, Will an adult depend on you financially on the first day of the academic year?

My mother gets no money from any grants or income, but my father works and she does not. Do I select no, as she is fine the way she is now?

Hi Turnips,

You should complete the question by answering no as your mother is not dependent on you as your father is in the household and is working, unless your father is on a low income (£3796 or less).

Thanks

Catherine
Reply 2
Hi there my husband is on a spouse visa which I have sponsored him to come and live with me in the UK , at the moment he works and earns 19000 a year ,,, does this mean his dependant on me because he is on a spouse visa ? (We have 4kids together)
Original post by Jhusain
Hi there my husband is on a spouse visa which I have sponsored him to come and live with me in the UK , at the moment he works and earns 19000 a year ,,, does this mean his dependant on me because he is on a spouse visa ? (We have 4kids together)

Hi, as he earns 19k we would class him as being dependent on himself.
Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending