The Student Room Group

What should I take for IB? I want to do PPL in Oxford?

Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Original post by TSR Jessica

Hey, I think it was meant to go on an IB thread? Do you know how I can move it?
Reply 3
Original post by dilarasmyth
Hey, I think it was meant to go on an IB thread? Do you know how I can move it?

I've moved it for you. (Jessica is a robot :smile: )

Oxford gives you its recommendations here:
https://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate/courses-listing/psychology-philosophy-and-linguistics?wssl=1
Original post by Doonesbury
I've moved it for you. (Jessica is a robot :smile: )

Oxford gives you its recommendations here:
https://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate/courses-listing/psychology-philosophy-and-linguistics?wssl=1

Thanks for moving it!! However, on the Oxford site it doesn't really help with my choices for higher or lower level - I think because not many people do IB
Original post by Lord Nutter
Any 2 1 degree from a top end university (Especially those that are related - economics, mathematics, etc) will be good starting point.

Focus on networking

Hmmm,,,, but its not a graduate course???
Reply 6
Thanks for moving it!! However, on the Oxford site it doesn't really help with my choices for higher or lower level - I think because not many people do IB

Yes it does:

"For Psychology, it is highly recommended for candidates to have studied one or more science subjects (which can include Psychology) or Mathematics to A-level, Advanced Higher, Higher Level in the IB or any other equivalent. For Linguistics, it is helpful for candidates to have studied English Language, Mathematics, a science or any other language. We expect you to have taken and passed any practical component in your chosen science subjects."

They won't be completely prescriptive - it's your IB after all - but if you want to follow what they regard as "recommended" or "helpful" it's all there.
Reply 7
Original post by Lord Nutter
Any 2 1 degree from a top end university (Especially those that are related - economics, mathematics, etc) will be good starting point.

Focus on networking

Hmmm,,,, but its not a graduate course???

International Baccalaureate, not investment banking...
Original post by Doonesbury
Yes it does:

"For Psychology, it is highly recommended for candidates to have studied one or more science subjects (which can include Psychology) or Mathematics to A-level, Advanced Higher, Higher Level in the IB or any other equivalent. For Linguistics, it is helpful for candidates to have studied English Language, Mathematics, a science or any other language. We expect you to have taken and passed any practical component in your chosen science subjects."

They won't be completely prescriptive - it's your IB after all - but if you want to follow what they regard as "recommended" or "helpful" it's all there.

Yes, sorry I knew that I wasn't being specific enough!! I meant that they don't specify if, say I was doing a science subject higher level, should I do - maths standard or studies --- or say should I do English or Biology higher level if I'm already doing psychology higher level.

I understand that they won't give advice that specific, or be completely prescriptive, but the A-level advice is there and a little bit more useful.
Reply 9
Yes, sorry I knew that I wasn't being specific enough!! I meant that they don't specify if, say I was doing a science subject higher level, should I do - maths standard or studies --- or say should I do English or Biology higher level if I'm already doing psychology higher level.

I understand that they won't give advice that specific, or be completely prescriptive, but the A-level advice is there and a little bit more useful.

Apply A-level advice to IB. You have more subjects anyway, A-level is more restrictive.

But fundamentally pick IB HLs and SLs you enjoy and can do well at.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest