The Student Room Group

Finances Accepted for Advanced Loan. Does that mean I would be eligible for ...

I am currently studying an Access to HE Health Course. I was eligible for the Advanced Learner Loan and received it, (it was given to the college directly I should say)... Does this mean I would also be eligible for a loan for student tuition fees for the health degree I will start in September 2018? When can we begin to apply? Could anyone shed some light on this?

I live alone and work flexi time in the local hospital.. How are things assessed? Do the people who deal with Advanced learner Loans pass on your information and evidence to student finance to assess eligibility?
Original post by Gonzouk123
I am currently studying an Access to HE Health Course. I was eligible for the Advanced Learner Loan and received it, (it was given to the college directly I should say)... Does this mean I would also be eligible for a loan for student tuition fees for the health degree I will start in September 2018? When can we begin to apply? Could anyone shed some light on this?

I live alone and work flexi time in the local hospital.. How are things assessed? Do the people who deal with Advanced learner Loans pass on your information and evidence to student finance to assess eligibility?

Hi Gonzouk123,

What Health course are you going to be studying? what University? how long will the course last?

Thanks

Catherine
Reply 2
Original post by Catherine SFE
Hi Gonzouk123,

What Health course are you going to be studying? what University? how long will the course last?

Thanks

Catherine

Occupational Therapy BSc at a university in the North East of England. the course lasts for 3 years. I already have an honours degree in Graphic Design, but was told that funding wouldn't be affected because it is unrelated to health.
Original post by Gonzouk123
Occupational Therapy BSc at a university in the North East of England. the course lasts for 3 years. I already have an honours degree in Graphic Design, but was told that funding wouldn't be affected because it is unrelated to health.

Hi Gonzouk123,

You are correct, Occupational Therapy courses are an Allied Health Profession (AHP) which means your previous study won't affect your entitlement to funding. There are occasions were a course in this category is not exempt from the previous study rule, it's not very common but I'd recommend double checking with your university as they can give you a definite answer.

The applications for 2018/19 were launched just a few days ago, you can apply online here. You would login using the same account you used when you applied for the Advanced Learner Loan.

Kind regards,

John.

Quick Reply

Latest