The Student Room Group

Queen Mary vs Edinburgh for Law LLB?

Hello,

I've recently received all of my five offers on UCAS, and the two I am going to select are Queen Mary and Edinburgh. However, I am not sure which one I should firm and which I should put as insurance. Queen Mary has given a higher offer (37 IB), but it's advantages are that it is English Law rather than Scots Law. Edinburgh has provided a lower offer. However, I'm pretty much certain that I am going to have to take a conversion course (GDL) on top of the degree. Furthermore, I've heard Edinburgh has better student life and accommodation. Can someone give any advice about what I should do?
Reply 1
Well, actually the point difference is 3 points as I am an Overseas student. So, it's significant. In terms of Scots Law vs EW Law, I am willing to take the GDL conversion, however, it is not desirable.
Hi I want to ask in Uk law firms prefer llb students overall score like 1:1 2:1 or firms also see where he has done his llb from which university what reputation university has. So actually i am saying that for law firms llb overall score is important or reputation of university in llb.
So if have 2:1 in llb from Bpp university and 2:2 from university of London international program so my 2:1 from bpp would be preferred irrespective of ranking of the university.
So you are saying grades will be more otherwise both degrees are same value wise. What you prefer uol international program or bpp distance learning llb please advice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending