The Student Room Group

Should I give up with this girl

Basically, should I give up with my crush? 6 months ago it was looking very promising. She was giving off signs and by best friend informed me that she liked me. Ok, I'm not perfect in this as I missed quite a few signs and that was my fault and should have taken faster action!

However, as I have got to know her better. She seems to act like quite a 'princess' at times and likes her own way in different situations and is quite easily upset over strange things, I have noticed.

I also brought this person a quite expensive birthday present, helped them go for drives after they passed driving, printed off things, brought the person coffee on numerous occasions. She always says thank-you and all of that but in return for Christmas, I got an unthoughtlas present in used wrapping paper. I know this person doesn't work and probably doesn't have much money and I don't expect or want anything 'expensive' but thought it was quite thoughtless.

I just got a horrible feeling this person has 2 sides to them. Seems to be all lovely to me but there's something not quite right. She might just be quiet, but it's quite hard keeping a conversation going as I'm the one asking all the questions and she answers and that's it.

Is it me overreacting or should I run!
From what you’ve said it seems like this girl isn’t interested and her buying you that present is just rude. There’s quite a few red flags that you’ve mentioned here. My advice which you probably won’t take is to try to stop liking her

Original post by Anonymous
Basically, should I give up with my crush? 6 months ago it was looking very promising. She was giving off signs and by best friend informed me that she liked me. Ok, I'm not perfect in this as I missed quite a few signs and that was my fault and should have taken faster action!

However, as I have got to know her better. She seems to act like quite a 'princess' at times and likes her own way in different situations and is quite easily upset over strange things, I have noticed.

I also brought this person a quite expensive birthday present, helped them go for drives after they passed driving, printed off things, brought the person coffee on numerous occasions. She always says thank-you and all of that but in return for Christmas, I got an unthoughtlas present in used wrapping paper. I know this person doesn't work and probably doesn't have much money and I don't expect or want anything 'expensive' but thought it was quite thoughtless.

I just got a horrible feeling this person has 2 sides to them. Seems to be all lovely to me but there's something not quite right. She might just be quiet, but it's quite hard keeping a conversation going as I'm the one asking all the questions and she answers and that's it.

Is it me overreacting or should I run!
It doesn't seem like the thought it there from her part as much as it is from you. Like you said there is something about her that isn't quite right. Sometimes you have to go with your gut and do what you feels best even if it means not getting in a relationship with her. The thoughtless present isn't good as you have gone above and beyond for her. Maybe she doesn't no how to deal with this kind of attention. It would be good to actually find out her intentions though, just so you don't go getting hurt. Good Luck x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending