The Student Room Group

Financing for Healthcare

I'm applying for UWE Bristol, interview tomorrow for Paramedic Sciences (eek!) and I'm just wondering if anyone has any info on finances/bursaries/scholarships available? I'm Welsh, and already have one degree so have already had my student loan, but there isn't a whole lot of info on the internet about funding opportunities . Does anyone have any experience with this?
Original post by MiniGuzPruz9
I'm applying for UWE Bristol, interview tomorrow for Paramedic Sciences (eek!) and I'm just wondering if anyone has any info on finances/bursaries/scholarships available? I'm Welsh, and already have one degree so have already had my student loan, but there isn't a whole lot of info on the internet about funding opportunities . Does anyone have any experience with this?

Difficult as undergrad scholarships are few and far between. The uni will have its own funding pages and maybe your dept will have some funding too. Otherwise maybe consider a career development loan if you are eligible?
Original post by alleycat393
Difficult as undergrad scholarships are few and far between. The uni will have its own funding pages and maybe your dept will have some funding too. Otherwise maybe consider a career development loan if you are eligible?

Yeah that's what I thought. It's tricky because English students studying in England are eligible for a second loan for a second degree, but a Welsh student studying in England isn't. A career development loan sounds interesting though, I'll definitely look into that, thanks for the advice!
Yeah that's what I thought. It's tricky because English students studying in England are eligible for a second loan for a second degree

Really? That's not something I've heard of.

And you're welcome :smile:
Really? That's not something I've heard of.

And you're welcome :smile:

Apparently so, I was looking into it last night, although I'm not sure if it's restricted to healthcare students. But I found out as well that NHS England has withdrawn all funding for studies for 2018 which is sad :/ Luckily the Welsh NHS still funds tuition fees and can provide bursaries for living costs too if you agree to work in Wales for 2 years after you qualify. I don't know about Scotland or Northern Ireland though.
Apparently so, I was looking into it last night, although I'm not sure if it's restricted to healthcare students. But I found out as well that NHS England has withdrawn all funding for studies for 2018 which is sad :/ Luckily the Welsh NHS still funds tuition fees and can provide bursaries for living costs too if you agree to work in Wales for 2 years after you qualify. I don't know about Scotland or Northern Ireland though.

That's why I was surprised. There are only very specific situations in which you can get funding for a second degree and it may be limited. Here you go if you're interested.
That's why I was surprised. There are only very specific situations in which you can get funding for a second degree and it may be limited. Here you go if you're interested.

Thanks for the link! This is one of the info pages I found about different funding opportunites.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending