The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by juju2964
L7 C4

pm me
can someone help with level 6 questions 3 and 8 they are the only ones i cant do from lvl 6. ive tried using grep with no luck and i am completely stumped with question 8
Quick update: How are you guys all doing?:smile:

Any help with HQ8 level 10? I can return the favour with other levels
Original post by j_ahmed01
can someone help with level 6 questions 3 and 8 they are the only ones i cant do from lvl 6. ive tried using grep with no luck and i am completely stumped with question 8

I'm in the same boat with question 8.
However, with question 3, I'm sure I just kept on using both cd and ls through the server to find the flag, rather than grep. Maybe start by typing "cd .." a couple times to get to the main directory, then try using find or grep. Also, always use "ls -a" in case there are any hidden files..
(edited 6 years ago)

"." and ".." are regular cd expressions ... see if you can find an abnormal one for L6 C3; Check the .js files in L6 C8 for the code....
Original post by juju2964
"." and ".." are regular cd expressions ... see if you can find an abnormal one for L6 C3; Check the .js files in L6 C8 for the code....

thanks ive done c3 still struggling with c8
thanks ive done c3 still struggling with c8

Spoiler

Just completely finished L7 HQ if anyone wants tips, ask! :smile:
Original post by -andromeda-
anyone know about the cookies in level 5? i've just got a "user not recognised" coming up whatever i try, even though i've added a cookie

that one is hard i've still not gotten past it
Original post by huuuuuuuuuu
that one is hard i've still not gotten past it

You only need to fill in the 'name' and 'value' forms. Don't waste time on any other forms. Also, the value form doesn't need to be a number.
Original post by J_2theamie
You only need to fill in the 'name' and 'value' forms. Don't waste time on any other forms. Also, the value form doesn't need to be a number.

see my problem is i've no idea how to make Yaku Matsu a user. user=Yaku Matsu? user(Yaku Matsu)?
see my problem is i've no idea how to make Yaku Matsu a user. user=Yaku Matsu? user(Yaku Matsu)?

The name form is just 'user'.
The name form is just 'user'.

I'm overcomplicating this aren't I? But when I do that, I get a 'User not recognised'
I'm overcomplicating this aren't I? But when I do that, I get a 'User not recognised'

You still have to put something in the value form

Yeah, I don't know what. It's fine I'll figure it out but thanks for the help

Have you (or anyone else for that matter) managed to do Moon Base L4 C4??? It's irritating that my code should function properly but the server is screwing up... >:frown:
Hey, this might be a really stupid question but on the challenge that was all about User Agents and the Orion browser plugin, I have tried all User Agents using the Chrome plug in in the virtual machine but none of them work?? Have I missed something really obvious??
Original post by 123boii
Hey, this might be a really stupid question but on the challenge that was all about User Agents and the Orion browser plugin, I have tried all User Agents using the Chrome plug in in the virtual machine but none of them work?? Have I missed something really obvious??

Find a way to make a custom user agent simply called Orion (you don't have to put any of the fancy stuff in)
Any one done Moon base L4 C5 or L5 C2?? I am quite stuck on formatting right lol :P
Any help for HQ9-3? It's an image of a bear an image has been hidden within but i'm awful at solving steganography questions

Latest

Trending

Trending