The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

birmingham uni accomodation - green community or normal tennis courts?

Hey! I'm currently applying for accommodation for september 2017 and am interested in the green community. I love the idea of a sustainable community but am worried it may be slightly isolated from the rest of tennis courts or that it's smaller size might mean that it's a bit less sociable - was wondering if anyone could tell me a bit more about it? Also on birmingham's website, the bedroom pictures look much nicer in the green community than normal tennis courts (shared facilities), but have heard that some of the normal tennis courts have been refurbished - is this true?

Basically my question is are the green community and the tennis courts very different from eachother?

Thanks!
Reply 1
Hi, I live in the Green Community atm and I really like it. It isn't very different to the normal Tennis Courts at all. The way the GC is set out is like 4 blocks of 6 flats each all connected together in a big courtyard, so all the different blocks interact. The GC is actually within normal TC as well so they aren't really isolated. I sort of feel like I'm in one massive block within TC, as opposed to in a separate halls altogether. If you have any questions or want to see any pictures (some of the flats differ slightly to those on the website, including mine), just let me know :smile:
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 2
thank you so much! that is so helpful to know :smile:
Original post by oswalds
Hi, I live in the Green Community atm and I really like it. It isn't very different to the normal Tennis Courts at all. The way the GC is set out is like 4 blocks of 6 flats each all connected together in a big courtyard, so all the different blocks interact. The GC is actually within normal TC as well so they aren't really isolated. I sort of feel like I'm in one massive block within TC, as opposed to in a separate halls altogether. If you have any questions or want to see any pictures (some of the flats differ slightly to those on the website, including mine), just let me know :smile:

Hiya, I've applied for my accom at TC and GCTC but I saw you said that youd be happy to post pictures! Could you do this? It'd be so helpful, mostly the layout of the flat :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by rosiepricexo
Hiya, I've applied for my accom at TC and GCTC but I saw you said that youd be happy to post pictures! Could you do this? It'd be so helpful, mostly the layout of the flat :smile:

Of course, I'll take some tomorrow as I'm out atm :smile:
Original post by oswalds

I know I'm a bit late to the party but would you be able to send me your photos? I just got my accommodation offer for the green community x
Reply 6
Original post by oswalds

Me too please, if you still have them of course :smile:
Reply 7
Photo's would be great aswell :smile:
Original post by oswalds

Hi could you send me the photos too please? I'm just making my accommodation choices right now!
Reply 9
Original post by _kirstles
Hi could you send me the photos too please? I'm just making my accommodation choices right now!

Hi, do you know where we actually make our accommodation choices? I've accepted Birmingham but they haven't said anything about making my accommodation choices yet..?
Original post by greg14
Hi, do you know where we actually make our accommodation choices? I've accepted Birmingham but they haven't said anything about making my accommodation choices yet..?

Hiya,

yes https://www.birmingham.ac.uk/study/accommodation/Apply-for-accommodation/Apply-Online.aspx is the link on the page to apply for accommodation,

you should have had an email too I believe.
Hello, i'm considering applying for the Green Community Tennis Courts accommodation does anyone know what its like to live in? ^^

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending