The Student Room Group

PhD funded by the Darwin Trust Scholarship of Edinburgh 2018

Hi everyone!

I have applied for the Darwin Trust Scholarship at the University of Edinburgh. Has someone applied for it? and has someone news about interviews?
I have a very good CV with one publication and a year of internships at the Max Planck Institute in Germany, however only a 2.1 in my Bachelor's.
This is real anxiety. I hope they contact me soon!
Reply 1
Original post by hhandycup
Hi everyone!

I have applied for the Darwin Trust Scholarship at the University of Edinburgh. Has someone applied for it? and has someone news about interviews?
I have a very good CV with one publication and a year of internships at the Max Planck Institute in Germany, however only a 2.1 in my Bachelor's.

Nope, but the 2:1 won't matter given the publication and internship. You'll be a very competitive candidate :-)
Original post by hhandycup
Hi everyone!

You can find other PhD-ers here :smile:
Original post by mip22
Nope, but the 2:1 won't matter given the publication and internship. You'll be a very competitive candidate :-)

Oh, thanks! I really needed a positive comment. I'm waiting for answers from early January and it's been terrible. :smile:
Original post by alleycat393
You can find other PhD-ers here :smile:

Thank you! :smile:
Hello,I have also applied for the Darwin Trust funding and I have an interview next week. How did it go for you? were you selected for an interview?I would like to know all about it :smile:Thanks
Hii, I too have applied for Darwin fellowship but didn't get any mail for interview yet .btw via which university u hv applied for the same
(edited 4 years ago)
Hi, I have applied the Darwin Trust fellowship and I want to know whether someone have received the result?
Original post by crossblock
Hi, I have applied the Darwin Trust fellowship and I want to know whether someone have received the result?

Do U had ur interview?
Original post by 417LS2064
Do U had ur interview?

Yes, I have. How about you?

Have you applied for biosciences? Nope I didn't get any mail till yet.

Hey...I got the mail..which date are you finalizing?
Original post by hypatia94
Hello,I have also applied for the Darwin Trust funding and I have an interview next week. How did it go for you? were you selected for an interview?I would like to know all about it :smile:Thanks

Hi, have you received the result? Thanks.
Hey...I got the mail..which date are you finalizing?

Hi, the mail for interview or the mail for result? I haven't got any mail.
Hi, the mail for interview or the mail for result? I haven't got any mail.

But you in mentioned in above msg u already received for interview, btw I was telling abt interview
But you in mentioned in above msg u already received for interview, btw I was telling abt interview

Sorry, I have got the mail for interview on Mar 5. I mean I didn't get any mail recently regarding the result of the interview. So you were told to prepare for an interview in a few days?
Hi everyone! I want to ask whether someone else have received the admission result of the Darwin Trust Scholarship? I'm confused that whether people who get the scholarship will receive the mail about the admission result or everyone who applied for this scholarship will receive the mail? Many thanks.
Hi everyone! I want to ask whether someone else have received the admission result of the Darwin Trust Scholarship? I'm confused that whether people who get the scholarship will receive the mail about the admission result or everyone who applied for this scholarship will receive the mail? Many thanks.

Hi,
I received the negative response where they have not selected me for Darwin but they hold my application, I need to look for other funding opportunities.

Quick Reply

Latest