The Student Room Group

Cigarettes and smoking

Before anyone says, yes I understand the health risks of smoking.

So i'm now getting into the habit of smoking and would like to buy a pack myself instead of just asking people around for a cig lol. I just wanted to see what cigarettes people recommend cos I was looking at tesco/sainsbury etc and there's loads out there
Reply 1
invest in an e cig, plenty of flavours and nicotine there and much safer and cheaper
Reply 2
Get yourself out of it before its too late. It may seem all trendy and cool now but you’ll regret it 20 years down the line.
Reply 3
Original post by storm95
invest in an e cig, plenty of flavours and nicotine there and much safer and cheaper

DO NOT VAPE. If youre gonna smoke, be a man and smoke the real way with cigarettes.
Quit.
Reply 5
Sterling king size (reds) were always my fav. Mid price range so they’re not disgusting like the cheap stuff (avoid Windsor like the plague) but much more affordable than expensive brands like Marlboro (which are the best imo but they’re cost way more than they should).
Reply 6
Original post by jbrdodd
DO NOT VAPE. If youre gonna smoke, be a man and smoke the real way with cigarettes.

loooool
for straights try lucky strikes
but otherwise get yourself some amber leaf or golden virginia. better value for money
alternatively, skip it all together while you still can.
I used to roll my own. Can't stand the pre-rolled ones, they always felt too wide.

I would usually buy golden virginia tobacco, the filters in a yellow box, and I liked the silver rizlas. Rolling your own makes smoking so much more enjoyable. Kick back with a cider/beer, it's like an art-form, take your time to make a perfect cigarette, the anticipation adds a whole new dimension. You'll probably smoke less if you roll your own too.

ETA: I haven't had a cigarette in over 10 years and damn now I want one after describing that to you. I would advise quitting while you're not badly addicted. Save your money and your lungs. :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by polaroidfilms
Before anyone says, yes I understand the health risks of smoking.

So i'm now getting into the habit of smoking and would like to buy a pack myself instead of just asking people around for a cig lol. I just wanted to see what cigarettes people recommend cos I was looking at tesco/sainsbury etc and there's loads out there

Trust me, you dont want to be staring at a image of your 'before' and 'after' lungs
Lambert and butler
Reply 11
Try to quit for your own good...
Quit. It's a terrible habit, and you'll only have yourself to blame when you regret it.
I advise you don't smoke. In the long term, all the side effects will be painful and you will surely regret your actions.
Just one cigarette can be fatal, that's because you end up losing self-control.
Original post by cat_mac
Sterling king size (reds) were always my fav. Mid price range so they’re not disgusting like the cheap stuff (avoid Windsor like the plague) but much more affordable than expensive brands like Marlboro (which are the best imo but they’re cost way more than they should).

What's so good about Marlboro?

Quick Reply

Latest