The Student Room Group

I’m always left out of things with my friends

I have friends at school, but I don’t have that one close friends or best friend that I can talk to about anything, leaving me feeling really lonely and sad. Last year they formed a “gang” where they all do things together, and I was never included. I’m in year 11 now, and this has been going on since year 7. It literally makes me feel terrible inside, like no one actually likes me. And I don’t know what to do.
Is there any form of advice anyone can offer to me?
honestly just be yourself, and keep doing you, someone will come along the way for the better (:
Have you tried making friends with other students in your classes or extra-curriculars? Whilst most people have already formed their friendship groups, it is not too late to make new friends! You could also look at after school clubs or making friends outside of school. At school, you only meet a small number of people compared to the number you will meet throughout your life. It might be that you haven't met anyone you click with yet, but that true friends are waiting in the future, after school.
Hi, I know exactly how you feel and trust me, you are not alone. I could tell you that last year, I felt really lonely and I refer to that time period as the Dark Depression (I was on the verge of getting clinical depression) .

The way I helped myself to get out this situation was by studying more and focusing on things that I really enjoyed doing. Eventually, my grades went up really high, especially in my favourite subjects. I cannot express how much this helped me. The grades have boosted my morale and I now feel more self confident.

You will notice that you will feel more happier and realise that there are people who you can call true friends. Also, if new people come to join your year, help them out and get to know them more as helping others can make you feel really happy. Another initiative you can take is joining clubs. Like I said, focus on things you really enjoy (I am currently part of the school choir as I love singing).

Back to the grades and studying, you will also see that your teachers will start to like you and see you as a strong student. You will later see them as your friends.

I’m sorry for making this really long but I would like to give you some revision tips, if you are considering to take my advice on studying. Firstly, whenever you have a test coming up, ask your teachers for similar tests questions and after completing these questions, give them to your teachers. After this, you will be getting feedback on how to improve your work. This will help you understand the things you will have to do in order to achieve a higher grade. If your tests are more essay based, consider writing a draft and submit it to your teachers.

To enhance your class experience, I would suggest that you should do some research outside the classroom so you have a better understanding of the things you are looking at in class. In class quizzes, people will be wanting to work with you due to you having lots of knowledge on different things.

I hope this helps and I wish the best for you. Stay strong and you will find more friends who enjoy hanging out with you.
Original post by cheesecakelove
Have you tried making friends with other students in your classes or extra-curriculars? Whilst most people have already formed their friendship groups, it is not too late to make new friends! You could also look at after school clubs or making friends outside of school. At school, you only meet a small number of people compared to the number you will meet throughout your life. It might be that you haven't met anyone you click with yet, but that true friends are waiting in the future, after school.

Thank you for this it makes me feel better.
I don’t have a lot of money, so finding extracurricular activities that are free is hard, but I try to get out and make new friends as much as possible.
But what really makes it worse is I have this one friend that I am probably closer with than all the others, who is part of this “gang” and she always makes plans right in front of my face like it has no effect on me at all. But I guess it seems like it has no effect because all my life I’ve kept my feelings bottled up. But thank you for the advice xxxx
Original post by hamna98
honestly just be yourself, and keep doing you, someone will come along the way for the better (:

Thank you ❤️❤️
Original post by MoulikaS2003
Hi, I know exactly how you feel and trust me, you are not alone. I could tell you that last year, I felt really lonely and I refer to that time period as the Dark Depression (I was on the verge of getting clinical depression) .

The way I helped myself to get out this situation was by studying more and focusing on things that I really enjoyed doing. Eventually, my grades went up really high, especially in my favourite subjects. I cannot express how much this helped me. The grades have boosted my morale and I now feel more self confident.

You will notice that you will feel more happier and realise that there are people who you can call true friends. Also, if new people come to join your year, help them out and get to know them more as helping others can make you feel really happy. Another initiative you can take is joining clubs. Like I said, focus on things you really enjoy (I am currently part of the school choir as I love singing).

Back to the grades and studying, you will also see that your teachers will start to like you and see you as a strong student. You will later see them as your friends.

I’m sorry for making this really long but I would like to give you some revision tips, if you are considering to take my advice on studying. Firstly, whenever you have a test coming up, ask your teachers for similar tests questions and after completing these questions, give them to your teachers. After this, you will be getting feedback on how to improve your work. This will help you understand the things you will have to do in order to achieve a higher grade. If your tests are more essay based, consider writing a draft and submit it to your teachers.

To enhance your class experience, I would suggest that you should do some research outside the classroom so you have a better understanding of the things you are looking at in class. In class quizzes, people will be wanting to work with you due to you having lots of knowledge on different things.

I hope this helps and I wish the best for you. Stay strong and you will find more friends who enjoy hanging out with you.

Thank you so much this is honestly the confidence boost I needed, and it also helps with revision, which I am actually struggling with at the moment. I am definitely going to take your advice on board, and thank you again 💕
Original post by DragonflyIsland
Thank you so much this is honestly the confidence boost I needed, and it also helps with revision, which I am actually struggling with at the moment. I am definitely going to take your advice on board, and thank you again 💕

No problem. I hope this helped. ❤️

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending