The Student Room Group

17 and never had a relationship

Hey I’m 17 nearly 18. I’ve never had a date or been out with anyone. I really don’t know what’s wrong with me. Like I have been asked out a couple of times but then i like run away from it as like get nervous.

Sorry if this doesn’t make sense trying to get it across. Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Your young, your fine. Nothing to worry about.
Reply 2
Original post by Andrew97
Your young, your fine. Nothing to worry about.

Ahh okay it’s just like as people in my year are now got like bf and gf. Just makes me think is it my fault.

Thank you
Original post by Anonymous
Hey I’m 17 nearly 18. I’ve never had a date or been out with anyone. I really don’t know what’s wrong with me. Like I have been asked out a couple of times but then i like run away from it as like get nervous.

Sorry if this doesn’t make sense trying to get it across. Thanks

Not that deep, life isnt about relationships even if ppl tell you that it is
Dw you are fine x
Reply 4
Original post by TheGirlFelonXxXx
Not that deep, life isnt about relationships even if ppl tell you that it is
Dw you are fine x

Okey thank you x
Reply 5
Don't worry, it's common for people not being in a relationship at this age..
There's nothing wrong with you.

If you declined those people it's safe to say you either weren't ready to date yet or they just weren't right for you.

Don't fret over it. It'll happen when it happens.
Reply 7
Original post by k.n.h.
Don't worry, it's common for people not being in a relationship at this age..

Okay thank you tbh I’m just like nervous and sort of run away from it. Because I like the idea and then reality sinks in and then go off it.
Reply 8
Original post by sinfonietta
There's nothing wrong with you.

If you declined those people it's safe to say you either weren't ready to date yet or they just weren't right for you.

Don't fret over it. It'll happen when it happens.

Okay thank you. I think I’m nervous as it will be my first relationship and don’t know like what to do etc
Lots of people who are 17 haven't had a relationship and they cause bare pain anyway so dw about it x
Original post by moggygeorgieee
Lots of people who are 17 haven't had a relationship and they cause bare pain anyway so dw about it x

Haha yeah true thank you x
Wouldnt worry too much, wouldnt even be nervous hun. Dont pressure yourself to have a relationship, find someone you enjoy spending time with and if it grows into a relationship then woohoo, if it doesnt, woohoo cause you still get to spend time with that person
Original post by Daniel00
Wouldnt worry too much, wouldnt even be nervous hun. Dont pressure yourself to have a relationship, find someone you enjoy spending time with and if it grows into a relationship then woohoo, if it doesnt, woohoo cause you still get to spend time with that person

Awww thank you for that, ngl that helps. You sound like a great guy thank you very much. Hope you find someone who makes you happy x
Reply 13
Keep it that way, trust me ugh
I was on my 12th girlfriend when I was your age. Step it up
Original post by Zxyn
Keep it that way, trust me ugh

aww haha lol thank you
I was on my 12th girlfriend when I was your age. Step it up

Haha yeah I just freak out tbh just don’t know what 2 like do
Haha yeah I just freak out tbh just don’t know what 2 like do

The best relationships are once you've left school and have more independence. Enjoy being single
The best relationships are once you've left school and have more independence. Enjoy being single

Yeah hopefully then things will like work out. Not long till I leave school thank goodness
Same except I'm 21 LOL. having suicidal thoughts tho.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending