The Student Room Group

What British military job would you guys suggest for me ...???

I'm a girl currently doing A levels - Biology, English and Business.
I play football.
In civilian life I've been considering physiotherapy or business management.
But I want a job that involves travelling and adrenaline. (I don't want a boring job)
I'm also conscious of pay as i don't want to earn peanuts....
So in the RAF, Navy and British army what jobs would you suggest for me ???
You need to make this decision yourself. Considered heading down to your local armed forces careers office? There's too many to suggest just from a brief profile on TSR! RAF - weapons systems operator? If I wasn't pursuing anything else this is something I'd seriously consider! The pay is pretty good as well - last time I checked when I was looking into joining the RAF (bear in mind this was about a year ago) it was about 30k.

if you don't want to be paid peanuts then for most jobs you'll want to look at becoming an officer.

Sport is available for anyone in the military so you'll be able to play all the football you want.
100% agree with @BTAnonymous , way too many jobs available for us to pick one for you. I’d say you should go down the Officer route, I’d also suggest you go to uni first as the military likes graduates nowadays. Uni will also give you more time to decide which I think you really need seeing as you haven’t even settled on a service yet!
i heard the cheerleaders get payed good enough money
Reply 4
Original post by anonomon
So in the RAF, Navy and British army what jobs would you suggest for me ???

If you can't decide for yourself after looking at the careers sites of all 3, then they're not for you.

A role in the armed forces is not a job, it's a way of life. It's an entirely different lifestyle to anything you find anywhere else, placing vastly different stresses and pressures on you, as a person, as a professional, and on your family.

Consequently, because of how serious it is, only you can decide what's right for you.

Quick Reply

Latest