The Student Room Group

2 opportunities?? Kings College London or Lancaster university???

Hi,
I am looking to study international management from 2018, I am predicted A*AA
Got 2 amazing opportunities and could do with some help

1: Offer to study at Kings College London- however, the entry requirements are A*AA which is very high, also not sure if I will enjoy studying in London

2: Unconditional offer at Lancaster University - not sure if its very prestigious

Currently trying to decide between these two options for my UCAS firm/insurance decisions Option 1 would be firm Kings and Insurance will be Lancaster, option 2 would be firm Lancaster (unconditional offer)
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Leena10929
Got 2 amazing opportunities

1: Offer to study at Kings College London- however, the entry requirements are A*AA which is very high, also not sure if I will enjoy studying in London

2: Unconditional offer at Lancaster University - not sure if its very prestigious

Currently trying to decide between these two options for my UCAS firm/insurance decisions Option 1 would be firm Kings and Insurance will be Lancaster, option 2 would be firm Lancaster (unconditional offer)

Key information missing... Course? Predictions? Personal confidence in reaching predictions?
Reply 2
Original post by ageshallnot
Key information missing... Course? Predictions? Personal confidence in reaching predictions?

oh sorry!!
Course- International Management
Predictions- A*AA
Confidence in reaching predications- Low but achievable
Reply 3
Kings College is really prestigious abroad wheras in Lancaster (at least in League tables) is more respected nationally.

I also applied to International Management at Lancaster but I found the modules kind of boring so I changed my offer to Business Economics.

I have always wanted apply to King's to study International Management as I saw the modules and liked them and visited the campus which was nice, but my parents can not afford London costs + we are from Spain so they think London is too big for me.

If I were you and could afford it, I would go to King's.
Reply 4
and forget about the unconditional if you dont want to go there!! why waste all your time and effort going to a uni/course you dont enjoy?
Reply 5
Original post by tyson69
Kings College is really prestigious abroad wheras in Lancaster (at least in League tables) is more respected nationally.

I also applied to International Management at Lancaster but I found the modules kind of boring so I changed my offer to Business Economics.

I have always wanted apply to King's to study International Management as I saw the modules and liked them and visited the campus which was nice, but my parents can not afford London costs + we are from Spain so they think London is too big for me.

If I were you and could afford it, I would go to King's.

So are you going to Lancaster then? Do you not think it's risky going for Kings when the requirements are so high?
Reply 6
im between Lancaster and Glasgow (no fees because im EU).

If you really like King's why not?? If you end up slightly missing the grades e.g AAA you can apply through clearing to Lancaster so dont stress.

go hard or go home!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending