The Student Room Group

does my teacher like-like me, or not?

hiya,

so, i am not making this thread to be lectured on how sutdent-teacher things are so terrible, and how he could lose his job, and be labelled a paedophile, etc.
i get all of that- i just need to know if he likes me or not, so i can decide what to next (and, no, i do not mean 'ask him out' or something like that).

so, this teacher has been at my school for 2 years now, and when he first came, everyone seemed to like him, but i didnt really see anything in him like that.
he was really nice to me, though- i remember once, my friend and i didn't do anything the whole p.e lesson, and he didn't say anything to us, but he did shout at everyone else who didn't do anything.
anyway, that's irrelevant, considering the fact that he does not speak to me at all anymore.

i began liking him, i'd say, in september (i'm in year 11, by the way), and i just thought it was something that would go away in a coupe of days- but it didn't.
i think i first began liking him because, when we went ice-skating for the first time (we go once every two weeks with school), i saw him looking at me, and it made me think 'maybe he likes me', and i would think about the whole situation for ages on end.
then, once i had to speak to my brother about something after school, and he was in the cricket club that the sir was in. i had to speak to sir (however much i was terrified to do so) about something concerning my brother, and he was really nice, and he was understanding of the whole situation, and his body language suggested that maybe he like-likes me. he also seemed to brighten up when i spoke to him (this makes me sound so conceited, i'm sorry, there's no other way to describe it). then i spent the whole week thinking about it.
but, whenever i saw him in the corridors after that, he didn't smile, and actually seemed like he was almost annoyed when he saw me.

i'm pretty sure he knows i like him- i try to hide it, but it probably makes it more obvious.

anyway, fast forward a couple of weeks, and another time we went skating. i was sitting out with one of my friends, just because we're lazy as anything, and he was standing at the side of the ice rink. he knew my friend and i were sitting out- he saw us beforehand. well, there's a female instructor there, who is actuallly quite pretty, and she went up to him and the other teacher that came. they seemed like they were almost flirting, and he turned around, and looked straight at me- obviously i looked away, but i think my face gave away the fact that i was actually quite upset, and jealous about it.
then, he came up to my friend and i, and asked why we weren't on the rink, and i couldn't look him in the eye. he then said 'you should skate, seeing as you paid for it, and have an amazing instructor'. i think i made it quite obvious that annoyed me as i rolled my eyes. i didn't say anything, but i was honestly on the verge of crying, because i felt like i wasn't good enough- i've been through this many times before (boys my age), and it's always ended up with me falling for them, because they played with my emotions, and gave me mixed signal, however stupid that sounds

after that incident, i tried to stop liking him, and it just didn't work. whenever i saw him in the corridors, wewould make eye contact, but i just couldn't hold it long enough to understand what he was thinking.

we had a mock exam, and the teachers of the lessons we have whilst we have the exam usually supervise us whilst we are being registered. he was standing at the front of the hall with two other teachers, and i was on the 'bleacher seating'. obviously, i glanced over a few times, and he looked at me a few times, whilst he was speaking to the other teachers.
there was a boy next to me, who asked me what the exam was about, and i explained it to him. subconciously, i looked to the front of the hall, and sir was looking at us, quite intently, and looked away when we made eye contact.
after we had done the register, and were being sent to the exam hall, he came up to our row, and stood right in front of me, and spoke to the boy i wa explaining the exam to. he then leant forwards, to speak to some boys behind us, and he was so close to me, and i can't help but think that he did that on purpose, and when i say i couldn't breathe, i actually mean it.

today, we had another ice-skating session,and whilst we were waiting to go in, i saw him look at me at least 3 times- we made eye contact, but i looked away too quickly. when we got in, and i was on the ice, i saw him look at me, like, twice. then, he got on to the ice, and i kid you not, i think he literally put his skates on to go and speak to that same pretty instructor. i didn't notice at first, but when i did, i had to get off the ice and sit out, because i was literally shaking, and on the verge of crying.
when i sat out, he was still skating, but no longer with the instructor, and i saw him look at me a couple of times. i was sitting with me friend, and i didn't want her to know that i was going to cry, so i played it off by acting really angry about something else. her boyfriend even let me punch his bag, and sir saw me do that. i don't think he took any notice of it, but after that, i made it quite obvious that i was 'annoyed' at him, and just gave him a couple scowls and eye rolls.

i know that was really long and stupid, and you probably think that all these signs are just tiny, and don't mean anything, but they do to me. i really don't know how to explain the situations properly, because they really don't sound like much.
also, again, please don't lecture me about the consequence of liking a teacher- i know them already.

but, if you're so amazing that you did manage to get through that load of waffle, what do you think?
do you think he likes me, and was trying to get me jealous, or do you think he hates me? i honestly have no clue, and it's really stressing me out.

thank you so, so much if you read that/left some advice- it is very, very much appreciated x

Scroll to see replies

WOOOOOOOOOO GIRL AW HELLLLL NOOOO

baby this is too much text...
First of all HOW OLD IS HE?
Reply 3
Original post by The PoliticalGuy
First of all HOW OLD IS HE?

oh, sorry, i forgot to include that :s-smilie:. i think he's around 26/27/28? x
Reply 4
He likes youuuuuuuu
hi, you say you're in year 11? so you're possibly 16/17? I'm not going to lecture you because Its not my place. It sounds to me as though youve let your emotions get the better of you. I very much doubt your teacher likes you in a romantic way; it's not professional, he would also be risking his job, friends and family if he did. I believe he's just a really nice teacher. You're still going through that awkward stage of growing up into a young woman and alot of things will continue to cloud your better judgement. (hormones right?) I suggest being honest and tell your headteacher or someone you trust and do both yourself and teacher a favour and request a different tutor to finish your year. I hope all works out for you.
I mean its hard to say definitively either way as its only your perspective on the situation. However it comes across in your post that as you like him you may be reading in to signs that don't mean anything in particular because you want to believe he likes you back. I don't think he hates you but I don't think he like-likes you either.

You said you wouldn't ask him out if he did but what were you thinking about doing if he did like you though?
Can you shorten that by any chance?
Original post by Anonymous
hiya,

so, i am not making this thread to be lectured on how sutdent-teacher things are so terrible, and how he could lose his job, and be labelled a paedophile, etc.
i get all of that- i just need to know if he likes me or not, so i can decide what to next (and, no, i do not mean 'ask him out' or something like that).

so, this teacher has been at my school for 2 years now, and when he first came, everyone seemed to like him, but i didnt really see anything in him like that.
he was really nice to me, though- i remember once, my friend and i didn't do anything the whole p.e lesson, and he didn't say anything to us, but he did shout at everyone else who didn't do anything.
anyway, that's irrelevant, considering the fact that he does not speak to me at all anymore.

i began liking him, i'd say, in september (i'm in year 11, by the way), and i just thought it was something that would go away in a coupe of days- but it didn't.
i think i first began liking him because, when we went ice-skating for the first time (we go once every two weeks with school), i saw him looking at me, and it made me think 'maybe he likes me', and i would think about the whole situation for ages on end.
then, once i had to speak to my brother about something after school, and he was in the cricket club that the sir was in. i had to speak to sir (however much i was terrified to do so) about something concerning my brother, and he was really nice, and he was understanding of the whole situation, and his body language suggested that maybe he like-likes me. he also seemed to brighten up when i spoke to him (this makes me sound so conceited, i'm sorry, there's no other way to describe it). then i spent the whole week thinking about it.
but, whenever i saw him in the corridors after that, he didn't smile, and actually seemed like he was almost annoyed when he saw me.

i'm pretty sure he knows i like him- i try to hide it, but it probably makes it more obvious.

anyway, fast forward a couple of weeks, and another time we went skating. i was sitting out with one of my friends, just because we're lazy as anything, and he was standing at the side of the ice rink. he knew my friend and i were sitting out- he saw us beforehand. well, there's a female instructor there, who is actuallly quite pretty, and she went up to him and the other teacher that came. they seemed like they were almost flirting, and he turned around, and looked straight at me- obviously i looked away, but i think my face gave away the fact that i was actually quite upset, and jealous about it.
then, he came up to my friend and i, and asked why we weren't on the rink, and i couldn't look him in the eye. he then said 'you should skate, seeing as you paid for it, and have an amazing instructor'. i think i made it quite obvious that annoyed me as i rolled my eyes. i didn't say anything, but i was honestly on the verge of crying, because i felt like i wasn't good enough- i've been through this many times before (boys my age), and it's always ended up with me falling for them, because they played with my emotions, and gave me mixed signal, however stupid that sounds

after that incident, i tried to stop liking him, and it just didn't work. whenever i saw him in the corridors, wewould make eye contact, but i just couldn't hold it long enough to understand what he was thinking.

we had a mock exam, and the teachers of the lessons we have whilst we have the exam usually supervise us whilst we are being registered. he was standing at the front of the hall with two other teachers, and i was on the 'bleacher seating'. obviously, i glanced over a few times, and he looked at me a few times, whilst he was speaking to the other teachers.
there was a boy next to me, who asked me what the exam was about, and i explained it to him. subconciously, i looked to the front of the hall, and sir was looking at us, quite intently, and looked away when we made eye contact.
after we had done the register, and were being sent to the exam hall, he came up to our row, and stood right in front of me, and spoke to the boy i wa explaining the exam to. he then leant forwards, to speak to some boys behind us, and he was so close to me, and i can't help but think that he did that on purpose, and when i say i couldn't breathe, i actually mean it.

today, we had another ice-skating session,and whilst we were waiting to go in, i saw him look at me at least 3 times- we made eye contact, but i looked away too quickly. when we got in, and i was on the ice, i saw him look at me, like, twice. then, he got on to the ice, and i kid you not, i think he literally put his skates on to go and speak to that same pretty instructor. i didn't notice at first, but when i did, i had to get off the ice and sit out, because i was literally shaking, and on the verge of crying.
when i sat out, he was still skating, but no longer with the instructor, and i saw him look at me a couple of times. i was sitting with me friend, and i didn't want her to know that i was going to cry, so i played it off by acting really angry about something else. her boyfriend even let me punch his bag, and sir saw me do that. i don't think he took any notice of it, but after that, i made it quite obvious that i was 'annoyed' at him, and just gave him a couple scowls and eye rolls.

i know that was really long and stupid, and you probably think that all these signs are just tiny, and don't mean anything, but they do to me. i really don't know how to explain the situations properly, because they really don't sound like much.
also, again, please don't lecture me about the consequence of liking a teacher- i know them already.

but, if you're so amazing that you did manage to get through that load of waffle, what do you think?
do you think he likes me, and was trying to get me jealous, or do you think he hates me? i honestly have no clue, and it's really stressing me out.

thank you so, so much if you read that/left some advice- it is very, very much appreciated x

I can say that I can relate to you slightlyish, I think honestly it may just be the fact that he might find you attractive, not “like like” you, I also doubt a teacher would make a student jealous on purpose(although i suppose someone could).Some teachers do find students attractive and some teachers will dislike students also, but know boundaries and would never cross boundaries to put their career in danger. I would say the best possible thing to do would be to try and forget him and just work hard on you GCSES( good luck! ) soon enough he should just be a vague memory when you’ve left school! X
Original post by james ionicbond

Never, she hates us. Let's ask the other people who read it what it's about lol.
Original post by Punkypunk
hi, you say you're in year 11? so you're possibly 16/17? I'm not going to lecture you because Its not my place. It sounds to me as though youve let your emotions get the better of you. I very much doubt your teacher likes you in a romantic way; it's not professional, he would also be risking his job, friends and family if he did. I believe he's just a really nice teacher. You're still going through that awkward stage of growing up into a young woman and alot of things will continue to cloud your better judgement. (hormones right?) I suggest being honest and tell your headteacher or someone you trust and do both yourself and teacher a favour and request a different tutor to finish your year. I hope all works out for you.

hi! thank you so, so much for reading that and replying- it really means a lot.
yes, i am 16, and i think i understand where you're coming from- i do think it may be the hormones- those darn hormones! and, i do tend to let my emotions get the better of me, so i know what you mean. thank you for being understanding and so helpful- you have really helped a lot. i think i will take your advice- thank you, again, so much xx
Original post by james ionicbond

i'm really sorry, i don't know how to edit it x
Lol no. You're just twisting his actions in your head because you have a crush on him making it seem like he is acting that way towards you.
I think your going through that phase that every girl goes through where they want a relationship and male caring but unfortunately, it’s your teacher that you want that from. If you need to talk you can PM me I do psychology and like playing therapist😌
It's your last year, don't make a big deal out of it
Original post by student2134
I mean its hard to say definitively either way as its only your perspective on the situation. However it comes across in your post that as you like him you may be reading in to signs that don't mean anything in particular because you want to believe he likes you back. I don't think he hates you but I don't think he like-likes you either.

You said you wouldn't ask him out if he did but what were you thinking about doing if he did like you though?

thank you so much for reading that, and for replying.
i think i know what you mean- i feel as though what you're saying may be true, but when i'm in these situations, everything just feels so real. but, yeah, it might just be my infatuation that is causing me to read in to the signs so much.
and, i actually don't know, but i just know i wouldn't do something stupid, like reveal my undyng love for him, aha. i think, maybe, i'd tell someone i trust at school about the situation, and go from there.

thank you, again, for the advice, and for being honest x
Original post by Herbocash
I think your going through that phase that every girl goes through where they want a relationship and male caring but unfortunately, it’s your teacher that you want that from. If you need to talk you can PM me I do psychology and like playing therapist😌

thank you so much for replying!
i definitely know what you mean, and kind of agree with you- it probably is just a phase. it's just, when i'm in the situations, everything feels so real, but maybe it's not :frown:
and, thank you, i think i will do :smile:
thank you, again, for the help x
thank you so much for replying!
i definitely know what you mean, and kind of agree with you- it probably is just a phase. it's just, when i'm in the situations, everything feels so real, but maybe it's not :frown:
and, thank you, i think i will do :smile:
thank you, again, for the help x

I’m also in Year 11 and 16 years old. And you may be thinking I lack experience in life. But I’m pretty sure the gestures (eye-contact and stuff) he made were unintentional, I mean, I’m a guy and I can kinda relate with him. At times I subconsciously look blankly at others’ faces, I don’t notice it until the person starts giving me looks - like they feel uncomfortable or something. It’s really embarrassing when that person happens to be a girl, because they’ll think I’m a creep. I don’t think your teacher is in love with you, I mean I myself am pretty shy when I’m with the opposite gender and my actions sometimes make others feel uncomfortable and oftentimes give out the wrong ideas/messages. But what do I know, I ain’t even done with puberty yet, so...

And yeah, darn you puberty!
(edited 6 years ago)
No he does not
I think you’re just overthinking the whole thing and reading into it wayyyy too much. I genuinely don’t think he likes you or anything like that.

hiya,

Latest

Trending

Trending