The Student Room Group

Which Cartoons do you think are timeless?

Hi everyone at this place! :smile:

There are so many threads which are discussing animes (thanks, AJ!), but what about cartoons which are not made from Japan? can you name some of them which you watched in children age and still you do as an adult? are there older cartoons which never get old in your opinion?

I personally think that South Park and the Simpsons can be categorized as such, although I don't even like every single episode of the Simpsons and South Park.

Have fun! :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

I think the only adult-oriented non-Japanese cartoon I've watched recently is Archer... the first time I watched the pilot episode, I really disliked it, found it boring and unfunny. The second time I watched that same episode, a couple of years later after friends virtually forced me to, I found the same jokes hilarious. Don't know why, maybe I just wasn't in the mood first time around. :p: I've not watched some of the later series though, caught up a few years back then got distracted by anime again. :giggle:

Friends have highly recommended Steven Universe to me... one day, when I have free time...
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by AngryJellyfish
I think the only adult-oriented non-Japanese cartoon I've watched recently is Archer... the first time I watched the pilot episode, I really disliked it, found it boring and unfunny. The second time I watched that same episode, a couple of years later after friends virtually forced me to, I found the same jokes hilarious. Don't know why, maybe I just wasn't in the mood first time around. :p: I've not watched some of the later series though, caught up a few years back then got distracted by anime again. :giggle:

Friends have highly recommended Steven Universe to me... one day, when I have free time...

Archer is really a cartoon for adult, not so bad to watch sometimes, really. But that is not exactly what I talked about before. There are cartoons I still watch as an adult and as a child years ago. Because they touch me, even if it is just nostalgia.
You
The Ren & Stimpy Show
Original post by It's****ingWOODY
The Ren & Stimpy Show

Good one! have just begin to watch them in adult age, and I liked it from the beginning. This wacky humor makes my day sometimes. :biggrin:
Original post by Kallisto
Good one! have just begin to watch them in adult age, and I liked it from the beginning. This wacky humor makes my day sometimes. :biggrin:

I just can't believe it was played on Nickelodeon on Saturday mornings :rofl:
Ed, Edd n Eddy all time classic
Reply 8
Spongebob forever :rock:
Hi everyone at this place! :smile:

There are so many threads which are discussing animes (thanks, AJ!), but what about cartoons which are not made from Japan? can you name some of them which you watched in children age and still you do as an adult? are there older cartoons which never get old in your opinion?

I personally think that South Park and the Simpsons can be categorized as such, although I don't even like every single episode of the Simpsons and South Park.

Have fun! :biggrin:

Dexter's Laboratory
Steven Universe
Adventure timeGravity fallsWe bare bears Over the garden wallAvatar : The last AirbenderThe legend of Korra
Studio Ghibli films too!
Batman: The Animated Series (actually the whole slew of DC cartoons, Justice League Unlimited, Batman Beyond, Superman: The animated series etc).

I would say a lot of the loony toons but some of them reeeeaaaaally aren't timeless but some very much are.

Rugrats

Samurai Jack
Dragon Ball Z

Nothing beats a super saiyan Goku
Archer is really a cartoon for adult, not so bad to watch sometimes, really. But that is not exactly what I talked about before. There are cartoons I still watch as an adult and as a child years ago. Because they touch me, even if it is just nostalgia.

Ah yes, I see now. :o: I just never think of South Park and The Simpsons as aimed at children, because my mother would never let me watch them. :p:

I haven't revisited any of the cartoons now that I used to watch as a child, though I do still have a huge amount of nostalgia for The Raccoons' theme song. :coma: If I wasn't too busy watching new anime, I would probably revisit that.

[video="youtube;BWn_i2YiBYg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWn_i2YiBYg[/video]
Reply 15
Doonesbury obv. (Yeah I know it's not a TV show...)

Tom & Jerry
Hong Kong Fuey
Mr Ben
Roobarb & Custard
Bugs Bunny
Yogi Bear
Voltron: legendary defenders.
The Flintstones
The Funny Bones
funny-bones-for-dogs-39-cool-wallpaper.jpg
Original post by AFCFAN
Ed, Edd n Eddy all time classic

Yeah, I like it. Although this cartoon is not on my shortlist for favorites.

Definetely the best Spider Man series by far! liked the drawing style and the whole storyline!

Original post by Baza2002
Dexter's Laboratory

Yeah, I remember. A tiny scientist who is bugged by his elder sister sometimes?

Original post by AngryJellyfish
Ah yes, I see now. :o: I just never think of South Park and The Simpsons as aimed at children, because my mother would never let me watch them. :p:

I haven't revisited any of the cartoons now that I used to watch as a child, though I do still have a huge amount of nostalgia for The Raccoons' theme song. :coma: If I wasn't too busy watching new anime, I would probably revisit that.

[video="youtube;BWn_i2YiBYg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWn_i2YiBYg[/video]

What a coincidence! when you begin to remember the racoons, I have listened to this great cathing tune today! and doing it again right now! :tongue: this cartoon was pure love for me as children!! :love:

Quick Reply

Latest