The Student Room Group

Used to be a TSR regular

All of a sudden I’ve started to miss TSR so much lol. I used to come on TSR religiously about 5 years ago - literally every single day. Can I come back now?

Let’s bring all the cool people back too please xoxo

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yeah. The cool kids are different now. Still the same threads and trolling though. Less imsoacademic, subs and community, more random friendly advice requests with recycled trolling from regs.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by 8472
Yeah. The cool kids are different now. Still the same threads and trolling though.

I’ve been looking at some of the threads and it just seems to be so different.. not like how it used to be. Yeah there’s still the trolling and racism and all that, but there’s no community feel anymore. I want to bring that back :h:
Hi :biggrin:

Not been missing much tbh, this place has gone down the crapper :lol:
Original post by euphrosyne
All of a sudden I’ve started to miss TSR so much lol. I used to come on TSR religiously about 5 years ago - literally every single day. Can I come back now?

yes. I just received a rep from you for a one yr old thread you made..hiya
I know why there's no community feel...wanna hear my theory..?
Reply 6
Original post by Bang Outta Order

Gwon san
Reply 7

It was a lot better back then compared to now.
Reply 8
Original post by It's****ingWOODY
Hi :biggrin:

Not been missing much tbh, this place has gone down the crapper :lol:

I just posted on your thread. It’s meant to be :wink:

Honestly it breaks my heart. What has happened...

yes. I just received a rep from you for a one yr old thread you made..hiya

Hehe, I’m just reminiscing. I didn’t think I’d get caught, oops. How are you doing this fine evening?
Reply 9

Cause I haven’t been here?

Kidding. Let’s hear it.
I just posted on your thread. It’s meant to be :wink:

Honestly it breaks my heart. What has happened...

It totally is :h:

More trolls and purposely inflammatory threads, less banter between the regulars. Pretty much the crux of it.

Where have you been all my life anyhow, how's things :smile:
It totally is :h:

More trolls and purposely inflammatory threads, less banter between the regulars. Pretty much the crux of it.

Where have you been all my life anyhow, how's things :smile:

It just seems to be more of a “google for students” than an actual platform where people joke around and meet etc.

I was too busy being murdered by law school, but I am graduating this summer and I could not be happier. Applying for a masters now so fingers crossed I get an offer. How is everything with you? :kiss:
It just seems to be more of a “google for students” than an actual platform where people joke around and meet etc.

I was too busy being murdered by law school, but I am graduating this summer and I could not be happier. Applying for a masters now so fingers crossed I get an offer. How is everything with you? :kiss:

Pretty much! There's a lot of joking around in troll threads but it's mostly just people taking the piss out of the OP for being such a knob-end :lol:

Yeahhhhh, I remember last time we were properly speaking you were just enrolling I think :biggrin: Time really flies. Good luck with your offer! I'm good thanks, same old me, working, training and general mooching around :h:
Original post by Black Water
Gwon san

Cause I haven’t been here?

Kidding. Let’s hear it.

because...the people who "made" tsr what it was (and judging by older threads I've seen and the members who posted in them) they've all evaporated, moved on. The demographic of the active and popular users then also seemed to be different if not totally opposite than the one nowadays. For example, the females were over 18s women with large busts (so I heard :wink:); females these days are under 18s with hijabs and cartoon display pics. And I feel there was a tug of war for popularity with the former demographic and the remaining one. The remaining demographic seems content with not using tsr as an academic facebook, they really want it to be a lame message forum for anonymous sixth formers.

BOY-EE. Just said that lol because the people here can't meet up, they're underage with strict parents.
Pretty much! There's a lot of joking around in troll threads but it's mostly just people taking the piss out of the OP for being such a knob-end :lol:

Yeahhhhh, I remember last time we were properly speaking you were just enrolling I think :biggrin: Time really flies. Good luck with your offer! I'm good thanks, same old me, working, training and general mooching around :h:

I don’t think there will ever be TSR without trolling the OP :colone:

I know, that was just under 4 years ago!! It’s mad how quick things can change. Thank you very much. You still big into training? I can’t even imagine how huge you must look now. I’m still waiting for that picture :wink:
I vaguely remember your username :hmmmm:
:console:
because...the people who "made" tsr what it was (and judging by older threads I've seen and the members who posted in them) they've all evaporated, moved on. The demographic of the active and popular users then also seemed to be different if not totally opposite than the one nowadays. For example, the females were over 18s women with large busts (so I heard :wink:); females these days are under 18s with hijabs and cartoon display pics. And I feel there was a tug of war for popularity with the former demographic and the remaining one. The remaining demographic seems content with not using tsr as an academic facebook, they really want it to be a lame message forum for anonymous sixth formers.

It’s like you read my mind.

My big boobs used to be everywhere. You can still find photos of me everywhere on here :teehee:

I mean fair enough, TSR should always have that section where you can come on and ask all your academic questions and whatnot, but we did have that all those years ago alongside all the bantiful crap and it worked so well. I’m on a mission to bring it back. Let’s go
I don’t think there will ever be TSR without trolling the OP :colone:

I know, that was just under 4 years ago!! It’s mad how quick things can change. Thank you very much. You still big into training? I can’t even imagine how huge you must look now. I’m still waiting for that picture :wink:

There are so many anonymous or new user troll threads in the relationships forums now that it's all just part of the course here :lol:

That long, eh... mad ting. Yeah, still bang on my training these days. 2016 was a really *****y year for it, but last year was good. Can't remember if I showed you what I looked like 3-4 years ago, but yeah, quite a bit bigger now :h:

Quick Reply

Latest