The Student Room Group

Failing life

Scroll to see replies

Original post by OxFossil
If you feel you're already "failing life" at 18, then a couple of years further study or volunteering before you are in the place you want to be might seem like a "long road"? It isn't really, and hopefully, you're not feeling that way?

As long as I get on to a decent level animal care course however long it takes doesn't bother me but right now with the position I'm in upsets me
Original post by JasmineWills
Not everyone knows what entry level 3 is

...which is exactly why I quoted them and corrected them so that no further misinformation was spread?
Reply 22
Original post by dsmith23
"entry level 3", which is below GCSE

Have never heard of 'Entry level 3' why isn't it just Level 2?
Original post by jdddd
Have never heard of 'Entry level 3' why isn't it just Level 2?

As I previously mentioned I have 0 GCSEs at C or above level, which means I don't meet the entry requirements for level 2.
Original post by Maleea
Your still young and you are gaining lots of experience in your work with animals all of it will be beneficial in the end and like Heather said apprenticeships are wonderful way to earn and learn as d you are under 25. You actually have soo much going for you. Wishing You all the best, from a mature student :smile::smile:

My sibling throughout school got top grades and was never in a bottom set for anything, went to do a levels and a few years later has a masters degree and good paying job because of their degree and grades. What hurts me is that is never going to be me, I always suffered with mental health problems and now I'm in the worst place as I will more than likely never be coming off minimum wage and doing a job a robot can do and that's how I see it, it destroys me, my qualifications are worth nothing and neither are the ones I'm doing now I only go because I might as well at least get something at GCSE level even if it is D - G equivalent.
Reply 25
Original post by JasmineWills
My sibling throughout school got top grades and was never in a bottom set for anything, went to do a levels and a few years later has a masters degree and good paying job because of their degree and grades. What hurts me is that is never going to be me, I always suffered with mental health problems and now I'm in the worst place as I will more than likely never be coming off minimum wage and doing a job a robot can do and that's how I see it, it destroys me, my qualifications are worth nothing and neither are the ones I'm doing now I only go because I might as well at least get something at GCSE level even if it is D - G equivalent.

Hi Jasmine you really need to go to your local sixth form or college there are equivalent qualifications you can achieve for gcse and A levels, such as btech or access courses, you can do foundation year and build your self up from there. I know plenty of people who are in management and senior positions well paid etc who started off their education on foundation courses and built up from that it depends on how much you want it and you have to put the work in but it will be worth it. I will most likely be doing an access course myself which is in place of some Alevels. So think of an area you are interested in if you can't think of one go to careers office in your town or college get all the help you can. Nothing will change unless you take the steps to change your situation you'll be surprised at the amount of help and support once you start looking. Good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest