The Student Room Group

A level Chemistry

hi guys, is it possible to self-teach an chemistry A level with a tutor in 4 months? i dont mind the grade, just need a pass to get the certificate.
Reply 1
Probably, but you'd need to work hard at it. Like 24/7.
Whole of A-Level syllabus?

possibly. you'll obviously need to start now and work your ass off.
Original post by LilN
Probably, but you'd need to work hard at it. Like 24/7.

im doing like 8-10 hours per day, but as i said, i dont need grades, just a grade that will give me an pass
Original post by BTAnonymous
Whole of A-Level syllabus?

possibly. you'll obviously need to start now and work your ass off.

yes, whole chem syllabus, i started already, doing 8-10 hours per day
Reply 5
Original post by Vinicius Noe
im doing like 8-10 hours per day, but as i said, i dont need grades, just a grade that will give me an pass

If you just need a grade that will give you a pass (which is technically like an E) you should be able to do it! Good luck :smile:)
Original post by Vinicius Noe
yes, whole chem syllabus, i started already, doing 8-10 hours per day

cool, be persistent and you'll be fine :smile:
Reply 7
Have you thought about the practical side of the course? That could be a bit tricky to do at home...I suppose you could find an agency somewhere that does it though.
Original post by gd99
Have you thought about the practical side of the course? That could be a bit tricky to do at home...I suppose you could find an agency somewhere that does it though.

not doing practical, i asked the exams officer, he said i could do the exams and still get a pass, without the practicals, of course, i know my chances of scoring more marks would be with practical, but if it doenst interfere in my certificate, i dont mind
Original post by LilN
If you just need a grade that will give you a pass (which is technically like an E) you should be able to do it! Good luck :smile:)

thank you :smile:))

Quick Reply

Latest