The Student Room Group

Edinburgh rejected me damn

Hey yall guess who got rejected??! Yeah that’s right, ME. It’s not like I had the best grades (AAB) but it is their minimum for my course AND I was eligible for a contextual offer so I’m a bit confused to how I got rejected. I know contextual isn’t a free pass but it felt insinuated that I would get it ya feel? They said I didn’t meet the grades even though I did. Can I fight this? Or are my chances of getting them to change their mind slim to none?

Thanks for the help!
Original post by F.SA
Hey yall guess who got rejected??! Yeah that’s right, ME. It’s not like I had the best grades (AAB) but it is their minimum for my course AND I was eligible for a contextual offer so I’m a bit confused to how I got rejected. I know contextual isn’t a free pass but it felt insinuated that I would get it ya feel? They said I didn’t meet the grades even though I did. Can I fight this? Or are my chances of getting them to change their mind slim to none?

Thanks for the help!

Which course? Just curious.
I got rejected from Edinburgh as well and I also had the right grades, seems they do it often. Where else have you applied?
what was the course?
Depending on course they may also reflect on interview performance. Personal statement included.
As much as it sucks meeting the requirements for a high demand course has no guarantee of actually receiving an offer. Certainly phoning the admissions office and either asking for feedback or about their appeals process if you wished to go down that route would harbour no harm.
Original post by thewrongofsummer
what was the course?

It was AI & Maths, I rang up a few times and emailed them and then spoke to head of admissions with no luck :frown:
Reply 6
Original post by JamieNorth
I got rejected from Edinburgh as well and I also had the right grades, seems they do it often. Where else have you applied?

Lancaster Loughborough Leeds and Glasgow and got offers from all four. Just Edinburgh was my first choice but oh well I guess.
Reply 7
Original post by VMD100
Depending on course they may also reflect on interview performance. Personal statement included.
As much as it sucks meeting the requirements for a high demand course has no guarantee of actually receiving an offer. Certainly phoning the admissions office and either asking for feedback or about their appeals process if you wished to go down that route would harbour no harm.

I didn’t have an interview but I know you’re right... just sucks that I see other people with the same grades getting offers but they pull out the “you didn’t meet the grades” but oh well I guess it’s not the end of the world :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by thewrongofsummer
what was the course?

Mathematics MSci might be cause I went for MSci instead of Bsci now that I think about it ...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending