The Student Room Group

TUI Assessment Day (Holiday Rep 2018)

I have my assessment day in a few hours & cant sleep as I’m so nervous!
It’s the 2min presentation I’m worrying about😔
If you’ve already had your assessment day, please could you give me advice/tips/answers? I’d be forever grateful & really appreciate it.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KeeleyLouise87
If you’ve already had your assessment day, please could you give me advice/tips/answers? I’d be forever grateful & really appreciate it.
Not experienced this specifically but my advice with presentations is to come across as comfortable being in that environment. I slightly disagree with people who advise to act confident, because this is quite vague and can come across the wrong way. Behaving as though you're comfortable in that environment gives the best impression in my view. Appearing relaxed helps with that too, at the end of the day you'll come away from still haven't lost anything if that happens, so just give it your best shot and see what happens.:smile:

Best of luck.:thumbsup:
Original post by 04MR17
Not experienced this specifically but my advice with presentations is to come across as comfortable being in that environment. I slightly disagree with people who advise to act confident, because this is quite vague and can come across the wrong way. Behaving as though you're comfortable in that environment gives the best impression in my view. Appearing relaxed helps with that too, at the end of the day you'll come away from still haven't lost anything if that happens, so just give it your best shot and see what happens.:smile:

Best of luck.:thumbsup:

Thank you!!! 😊
Reply 3
Hope it went well for you.

Do you mind messaging me a bit about your experience and what to expect?
Me too would love to hear. I have mine on Thursday
Reply 5
Original post by Wildmchugh
Me too would love to hear. I have mine on Thursday

Let me know how you get on. Good luck
Original post by amf22
Let me know how you get on. Good luck

Cheers man how was yours?
Reply 7

Mines is next week.
Reply 8

How did it go?
Original post by amf22
How did it go?

All good and fun but I totally ****ed my 2 mins presentation up and lost it. Was a nervous wreck and didt make it
Reply 10
All good and fun but I totally ****ed my 2 mins presentation up and lost it. Was a nervous wreck and didt make it

Aw no :frown: there’s always next year! do you mind telling me about what you were asked and how the day went?
Original post by amf22
Aw no :frown: there’s always next year! do you mind telling me about what you were asked and how the day went?

I will pm you :smile:
I will pm you :smile:

Know your 2 min sales pitch and be confident. Add a introduction just like a welcome meeting would be, Talk to everyone. U will be asked to introduce yourself to everyone and just be yourself. There is a group task so just get involved and share your thoughts don't sit back and relax. It's a fun day and great team.

Let me know how it goes.
Help me I have my assessment day tomorrow and I am really struggling with what to do for my presentation about my experience, my personality and my skills
Original post by Katiecaitlin2332
Help me I have my assessment day tomorrow and I am really struggling with what to do for my presentation about my experience, my personality and my skills

Sorry how u get on?
Have an assessment day coming up Next Friday, if anyone could please give me any hints on the display of the presentation (word document, PowerPoint?) and how to get into it would be very much appreciated, thank you in advance :smile:
Original post by KeeleyLouise87

Hey I have my tui assessment tomorrow can you shed any light on the situation would really appreciated it
I’ve got an assessment day October 4th in east
Midlands and got to do a story sack! What sort of items are needed?! Just so I don’t get the wrong idea! Thanks x
Hey how did yours go? I have an assessment day soon what can I expect?
Sorry just seen this! I got the job! :smile: there were only 6 of us girls there with one assessor I expected it to be more scarier than it was.. so you go in and like she takes all your documents that you need to take with you asks you when you are available to start... then you go into the room where they talk about the company and job some bit then it you do your story sack I just took things about working with children like a baby doll, some pictures of me at work and photo album of me and friends and family to show I’m a people person! then you do two group activities I think they change the activities for each assement day but all I advise is to really get involved, have your say in the activities and show that you can think of ideas on the spot! Then it’s lunch time and then if you get through to the second bit they speak more about company and different tui hotels and what they offer.. and then you do a role play with the assessor one to one and then your interview! I wish you best of luck but really just be yourself it’s fun and it goes quick! X

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending