The Student Room Group

Grad jobs at 'Smaller Companies'

Hi,

Does anyone have any tips on finding Graduate jobs at smaller companies? Big ones tend to advertise everywhere but I was wondering if people have any tips for finding roles at smaller, local places?

thanks.
Original post by Eremor
Hi,

Does anyone have any tips on finding Graduate jobs at smaller companies? Big ones tend to advertise everywhere but I was wondering if people have any tips for finding roles at smaller, local places?

thanks.

They most likely will advertise on their websites or you can send prospective applications.
Original post by Eremor
Hi,

thanks.

Go through an agency (my local one is called The Business Connection) and ask them for this specifically.

Unfortunately, they will take a cut of what you earn, but they will have access to a lot more local companies and vacancies than what is advertised.
Original post by Eremor
Hi,

thanks.

Local places - spend a weekend with the local Thompsons/business directory, looking up relevant websites and bookmarking their jobs pages. Then just keep checking the bookmarked sites.
Original post by Eremor
Hi,

thanks.

As others have said, it would be a good idea to keep an eye on their websites to see if anything comes up - and their LinkedIn page too.

However, it's also a possibility that they may not advertise their positions, in which case making a speculative application might help.

And it might also be worth discussing with recruitment agencies too, as some companies use them to help find and select staff.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending