The Student Room Group

What do alpro products taste like?

I’m not vegan (I’m not even vegetarian) but I don’t eat/drink dairy because I can’t stand the taste of it. I’m thinking of trying alpro plant based alternatives but I just want to know whether they taste like dairy products, if not then what do they taste like and what would anyone recommend?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by obrown212
I’m not vegan (I’m not even vegetarian) but I don’t eat/drink dairy because I can’t stand the taste of it. I’m thinking of trying alpro plant based alternatives but I just want to know whether they taste like dairy products, if not then what do they taste like and what would anyone recommend?

Bit watery to me and an acquired taste. I would just buy some as all the supermarkets sell it and see for yourself. If you have a Fultons or Heron near you then they always sell it cheaply i.e 50-75p.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=alpro+review

Asda always has plenty.
Original post by obrown212

I could never stand cow's milk, but I really like the hazelnut alpro in particular. It's a bit thinner than milk, I think, but very smooth and nice. Tastes slightly nutty and creamy. I think they make really delicious hot chocolates and stuff
Alpro is the only brand i really like when it comes to plant based milks.
I recommend trying their soya milks in the flavours vanilla and chocolate.
Reply 4
Thanks everyone! I’m thinking about trying some of the flavoured yoghurts, as that might be an easily way to get me liking them, and go from there.
Reply 5
For cereal: Almond milk
For tea/coffee: unsweetened soya

I never have like a “glass of milk” and on their own I don’t think I could drink a glass and enjoy it. But mixed with stuff it honestly tastes good. Apart from the top two, I just use soya.

Alpro yoghurts are amazing, especially the strawberry “GoOn” ones that have a layer of jam to mix :love:

As others have said, the only way to find out if you like them is to try! Hopefully it’s a pleasant surprise.
I’ve been having alpro since birth, due to severe milk allergies. To me, all their products taste AMAZING but I guess it is an acquired taste. If you want to start with them, I recommend starting with the Alpro Go-On yogurts and fromage frais first, and gradually building up to Oat, Almond and Hazelnut milk. This should get you started :smile:
Original post by chelseadagg3r
I think they make really delicious hot chocolates and stuff

Interesting! I've been looking for a cows milk free hot chocolate and can only find chocolate milk.

I've had their yoghurts and quite like them. Not tried any of their milks yet though.
Reply 8
Alpro vanilla yoghurt is the BEST, i’m telling you
Original post by Tiger Rag
Interesting! I've been looking for a cows milk free hot chocolate and can only find chocolate milk.

I've had their yoghurts and quite like them. Not tried any of their milks yet though.

Their milks are great. The almond one is commonly used in cafes for hot chocolate, and I like the hazelnut one too. There's supermarket alternatives but I do prefer the Alpro, it's just a bit creamier

I’m pretty sure the basic Cadbury’s drinking chocolate doesn’t have milk in it :smile:

Cadburys Freddo drinking chocolate and Galaxy drinking chocolate doesnt contain milk :smile:
Original post by tolulah
Alpro vanilla yoghurt is the BEST, i’m telling you

Seriously need to try this!!!
Try the alpro soya chocolate desserts
Oh, you have to try the Alpro soya chocolate desserts! The almond milk is not terrible but there are better brands. Hazelnut milk is a solid 10 though.
I've started eating their ice cream. There's a vanilla and hazelnut. I don't know whether it would taste like diary to someone who doesn't like the taste of diary but they are yummy. Creamy but agree with one of the above posters about the thinness.
Original post by alleycat393
I've started eating their ice cream. There's a vanilla and hazelnut. I don't know whether it would taste like diary to someone who doesn't like the taste of diary but they are yummy. Creamy but agree with one of the above posters about the thinness.

There’s a chocolate one too that’s to die for :love:
Tasted the icecream and good lord, it's fking beautifullll. It's sooo creammmy
Original post by cat_mac
There’s a chocolate one too that’s to die for :love:

Really?!? Have never seen it. Do you mean this which is the chocolate hazelnut I was talking about?
Original post by alleycat393
Really?!? Have never seen it. Do you mean this which is the chocolate hazelnut I was talking about?

Ooooh yeah that’s the one I meant. Either way it’s yummy!

Quick Reply

Latest