The Student Room Group
Original post by Abdullah_z
CD1A0D06-91D3-41C8-99CB-37027B536E10.jpg.jpeg

This is a question from Chemistry A-level 9701. In the marking scheme it says that 1 and 2 are correct, so can anybody explain me how come 3 is incorrect?? I mean if pressure, R and n are constant doubling temperature will double the volume.

I would help, but I've had a couple of glasses of wine and everytime I put my head on one side I fall over.
I'm pretty sure 3 is also correct. Unless I missed something in my chemistry class. Maybe double check the ms?
Reply 3
Original post by Radioactivedecay
I'm pretty sure 3 is also correct. Unless I missed something in my chemistry class. Maybe double check the ms?

Yeah ik 3 is correct but the marking scheme clearly says 1 and 2 correct
Yeah ik 3 is correct but the marking scheme clearly says 1 and 2 correct

It isnt uncommon for mark schemes to make mistakes, I would double check with my teacher.
Reply 5
It isnt uncommon for mark schemes to make mistakes, I would double check with my teacher.

Oh i realise where I was wrong, I am taking temperature in Celsius while in this formula it is used in kelvin 😅. Thanks anyway
Oh i realise where I was wrong, I am taking temperature in Celsius while in this formula it is used in kelvin 😅. Thanks anyway

That shouldn't make a difference, no3 is still correct. The scales on celsius and kelvin are the same
Reply 7
That shouldn't make a difference, no3 is still correct. The scales on celsius and kelvin are the same

No, 50 is double of 25 but 273 + 50 is not double of 273 + 25

Latest