The Student Room Group

LLB help

so if i have a good score llb from Bpp university will that matter. Bpp llb is considered good by law firms or not.
Original post by Ch hassan
so if i have a good score llb from Bpp university will that matter. Bpp llb is considered good by law firms or not.

Which Law firms? BPP is a private university. In terms of how its considered then imo its neither good nor bad. Middle ranking.
Reply 2
I am taking about any firm how firms view Bpp as compare to Uol external llb.
Original post by Ch hassan
I am taking about any firm how firms view Bpp as compare to Uol external llb.

Neither is viewed with too much favour, if I am to be honest with you,
Reply 4
both are viewed same value wise.
Cheers for the 9th gem btw.
Original post by Notorious_B.I.G.
Cheers for the 9th gem btw.

OMG dont get rep obsessed. It let me rep you....

I'd still rather have one for UoL at least for international reasons as they may have heard of London but not BPP.
Original post by 999tigger
OMG dont get rep obsessed. It let me rep you....

You could have had the privilege, but too slow, too slow.
Reply 8
So you are saying that uol is more known by law firms and it has better reputation than Bpp.
And also if have overall 2.1 from Bpp and 2.2 from Uol then which would you recommend please advice.
Never disputed that, bud. The 2:1 question wasn't in OP; it came after our posts.

As for the saliency of OP's question, I am not sure that UoL is that much harder to get a 2:1 than BPP.
Ahh my bad.
I don't think that is a particularly sensible question to ask. I know there are many anecdotes recording that, historically, the UoL external LLB awarded very few firsts and 2:1s, but (even assuming that there is some statistical truth in that) that does not imply that any given student will find it more difficult to get a 2:1 on the UoL course than on the BPP external course (or any other course). The low numbers of firsts and 2:1s may just be due to the calibre of the students that enrol rather than to any overly harsh marking.

I suspect that the 2:1 from BPP would stand you in better stead than a 2:2 from UoL, but not by much and I suspect that neither result is going to be looked on particularly favourably by employers.

I suggest that you work on your English as from the evidence I have seen you are going to struggle with an LLB. (I have had due regard to the fact that no-one writes as carefully on a forum as they would on a job application or a piece of coursework).
I didnt realise I'd said otherwise? If he's an international student selling it to employers back in his own country then id rather have Uni of London in front of the name than BPP. All things being equal.

Oh it seems I wasn't the intended target.

I see where you are coming from. The OP has done multiple threads on the same subject.. If I were the OP , then I wouldnt commit tens of thousands of £s until I had sorted several things out.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by 999tigger
I didnt realise I'd said otherwise? If he's an international student selling it to employers back in his own country then id rather have Uni of London in front of the name than BPP. All things being equal.

So it wasn't just me who misunderstood! , with that Golden Triangle education you should be more clear, man.
Original post by Notoriety
So it wasn't just me who misunderstood! @JohanGRK, with that Golden Triangle education you should be more clear, man.

Nope. It was because the question came after our quotes. I think it is all sorted now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending