The Student Room Group

Becoming a midwife

Hi

Im thinking about becoming a midwife and currently working full time, i obviously would have to give my job up, anyone else studying to be a midwife , wanting help with how much money i would get is i have a mortgage , Im 34 and wanting to get it done asap so could someone help and advice me
Original post by lucymegan11
Hi

Im thinking about becoming a midwife and currently working full time, i obviously would have to give my job up, anyone else studying to be a midwife , wanting help with how much money i would get is i have a mortgage , Im 34 and wanting to get it done asap so could someone help and advice me

Hi Lucymegan11,

You can receive full SFE funding for a Midwifery course. This includes, a Tuition Fee Loan (TFL), Maintenance Loan (ML), Disabled Students Allowance (DSA, if applicable) and supplementary grants (childcare grant, parents learning allowance). Here is an overview of the different funding available.

The maintenance loan is a loan to help you with living costs, if you have a look at the student finance calculator which will give you an idea of how much you could receive.

I hope this information helps.

Kind regards,

John.

Quick Reply