The Student Room Group

igcse edexcel

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ummarahman
n

so the techniques I find useful are
-mindmaps, so let's say I'm doing a chapter on the heart I'll try and make a mindmap(A3 paper) with all the info from the chapter the key parts, words, cycles...anything u think will be useful, then after that, i try and summaries the chapter on an A4 paper then after that I try and shrink all the KEY IMPORTANT ideas on a couple of flashcards
-another way is to teach somebody or study with them so....if u have a younger sibling or parent just try and teach them I cant guarantee they like it but I find it helps me :smile: I even once got my nan to listen to me (she doesn't understand English lol)
lastly, try TO UNDERSTAND and NOT MEMORIES
if u understand a concept and u cant recall all the info it doesn't matter the thing that matters is that u understand once u do it will come automatically to u
also, best of luck wish me luck too:smile:

if u need any help my doors open :smile:

good luck! thank you very much for the tips i highly appreciate it :h:
btw how are you tackling with the experiments?
t
Original post by cieloceleste
good luck! thank you very much for the tips i highly appreciate it :h:
btw how are you tackling with the experiments?

thank you :smile: ur most welcome
ahh experiments their really tricky since u don't to practicals
the way I go about them is I first look up a practical on youtube then I try and understand EACH different step and what happens I write instructions with all the info I learnt via books and vids so when I come back to revise I have everything I need (by the way this is for chemistry)
also, try and do a couple of easy practicals eg i bought universal indicator paper from Amazon for about a pound and did a couple tests on household items another experiment u could do is chromography...so on sometimes even just doing random experiments maybe not to do with ur spec is good so u understand its not a theory its real the biggest problem i find ppl who do igcsse have is that they its a theory which its not.

obviously, for investigation, u have corms to follow

hope it helps :smile:
t

thank you :smile: ur most welcome
ahh experiments their really tricky since u don't to practicals
the way I go about them is I first look up a practical on youtube then I try and understand EACH different step and what happens I write instructions with all the info I learnt via books and vids so when I come back to revise I have everything I need (by the way this is for chemistry)
also, try and do a couple of easy practicals eg i bought universal indicator paper from Amazon for about a pound and did a couple tests on household items another experiment u could do is chromography...so on sometimes even just doing random experiments maybe not to do with ur spec is good so u understand its not a theory its real the biggest problem i find ppl who do igcsse have is that they its a theory which its not.

obviously, for investigation, u have corms to follow

hope it helps :smile:

yes this helps me a lot! thank you for taking your time to answer my question :h:
btw where are you from?
(edited 6 years ago)
yes this helps me a lot! thank you for taking your time to answer my question :h:
btw where are you from?

its fine ur welcome
England, Hampshire u?
its fine ur welcome
England, Hampshire u?

italy :smile:
italy :smile:

ahh cool are u originally from the UK hoping to come back and study her or originally from Italy and planning on doing higher education in the UK also how do you sit ur exams ?
ahh cool are u originally from the UK hoping to come back and study her or originally from Italy and planning on doing higher education in the UK also how do you sit ur exams ?

im originally from bangladesh living in italy, i'll be giving my exams through british council. I think i'll be doing uni in here in italy. how about u? any plans for uni yet? I personally would like to go in the field of medicine. :h:
im originally from bangladesh living in italy, i'll be giving my exams through british council. I think i'll be doing uni in here in italy. how about u? any plans for uni yet? I personally would like to go in the field of medicine. :h:

omg really my parents are originally from Bangladesh lol though i cant speak Bangla to save my life
cool don't know yet about uni but really want to do something in science either bio or chem
medicine cool
omg really my parents are originally from Bangladesh lol though i cant speak Bangla to save my life
cool don't know yet about uni but really want to do something in science either bio or chem
medicine cool

same i cant speak bangla aswell:biggrin:
same i cant speak bangla aswell:biggrin:

but weren't you born in Bangladesh?
but weren't you born in Bangladesh?

nope
nope

ah cool so ur born in Italy
what it like there
ah cool so ur born in Italy
what it like there

um good, how is england?
Reply 53
is there anyone giving their exams on 2018 may from edexcel exam board. im homeschooled so i thought maybe we can share tips and tricks for the exams.

anyone else homescchooled?

yeppp but not homeschooled, please give me motivation and tips lol.
i am taking
English As a second Language

Arabic First Language

Math

Business

Information Communication Technology

Biology

Chemistry

Physics

Predictions:

7 or 8 A stars
Taking human biology in a few days with edexcel too! Any tips? :colondollar: