The Student Room Group

Heathrow Airport worker dies. Passengers complain about delays.

'The victim went into cardiac arrest following the accident, with paramedics trying to resuscitate him both at the scene and on the way to hospital.

Another man involved in the accident suffered a broken shoulder but had no life-threatening or life-changing injuries. Police said there had been no arrests.'

Article: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/02/14/passengers-evacuated-heathrow-airport-serious-accident/

So sadly, an airport worker died and people are complaining about their flight having been delayed.

One tweet from a user on a flight to Belgium:
"How inconsiderate of that man to die."

Another tweet
"Why is this holding up everyone’s flights?" (I'll try to link them)

I think what happened was horrible. What is even more horrible is that the consumers are detached from the situation and so unfeeling. I can't even describe how terrible it is.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by erratic_deus
'The victim went into cardiac arrest following the accident, with paramedics trying to resuscitate him both at the scene and on the way to hospital.

Another man involved in the accident suffered a broken shoulder but had no life-threatening or life-changing injuries. Police said there had been no arrests.'

Article: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/02/14/passengers-evacuated-heathrow-airport-serious-accident/

So sadly, an airport worker died and people are complaining about their flight having been delayed.

Another tweet
"Why is this holding up everyone’s flights?" (I'll try to link them)

I think what happened was horrible. What is even more horrible is that the consumers are detached from the situation and so unfeeling. I can't even describe how terrible it is.

Some people are so inconsiderate, a man just died and all they care about is being a little late for a flight. My guess is they had to evacuate the area so ambulances etc could enter to runways so they had no choice but to delay the flights.
Surprise surprise, people spend hundreds on a flight (not to mention thousands on the holiday itself)and aren't happy that someone caused an avoidable crash. what's new? Let's face it, airfields aren't exactly residential streets, not to mention those Hiluxes aren't exactly small either (not to mention they're solidly built), and going off the damage there, it looks as if they've hit something just as f*cking big, if not bigger, some idiot wasn't paying attention and ended up taking someone else's (or their own) life as a result.

Some people are saying some bad and downright stupid sh*t, but I'd be pretty p*ssed if some idiot caused an avoidable crash that ultimately delayed my flight for a few hours. Death doesn't mean you can't be annoyed at something. You're essentially using the "respect your parents because they're your parents" argument, sh*t don't work like that.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by TheMcSame
Surprise surprise, people spend hundreds on a flight and aren't happy that someone caused an avoidable crash, let's face it, airfields aren't exactly residential streets, not to mention those Hiluxes aren't exactly small either, and going off the damage there, it looks as if they've hit something just as f*cking big, if not bigger, some idiot wasn't paying attention and ended up taking someone else's (or their own) life as a result. What's new?

Some people are saying some bad and downright stupid sh*t, but I'd be pretty p*ssed if some idiot caused an avoidable crash that ultimately delayed my flight for a few hours.

No I'd be pissed that an avoidable crash happened and someone else died.
I don't think I'd be that selfish to value £800 over a human life.
I don't think I'd be that selfish to value £800 over a human life.

Surprise, surprise, people value large sums of money more than they do someone they never even knew existed. Welcome to the real world.

You do realise this guy is just taking the piss out of people complaining (and this is pretty obvious)
Original post by _gcx
You do realise this guy is just taking the piss out of people complaining (and this is pretty obvious)

No it isn't pretty obvious.
I have Asperger's.
Original post by TheMcSame
I'd be pretty p*ssed if some idiot caused an avoidable crash that ultimately delayed my flight for a few hours.

I'm confused... why are you guys drinking over this???
No it isn't pretty obvious.
I have Asperger's.

Maybe you should have "Asperger's" written on your head then.
Original post by It's****ingWOODY

I'm 15 and I can't drink anyway.
I'm 15 and I can't drink anyway.

Lel, goodie-goodie. I started drinking when I was 14.
Reply 11
Original post by It's****ingWOODY

Are you pissed off that they’re using the word “pissed” and aren’t referring to being drunk?
Original post by S.G.
Are you pissed off that they’re using the word “pissed” and aren’t referring to being drunk?

Not having this conversation again m8, piss off :colonhash:
Reply 13
I've been in a situation similar to this, and the overarching feeling was yeah, we're put out a little bit, but that poor ****er. Sense of perspective is all it is.
Original post by S.G.
You piss off. I wasn’t trying to take the piss, but now I’m pissed off.

Original post by gjd800
I've been in a situation similar to this, and the overarching feeling was yeah, we're put out a little bit, but that poor ****er. Sense of perspective is all it is.

Yeah, you see it when someone is on the train tracks threatening to jump. People with no empathy losing their rags, and one or two muttering to themselves "****ing do it already". All because they might be 20 mins later to meet their mates in the pub.
Reply 16
Original post by Notoriety
Yeah, you see it when someone is on the train tracks threatening to jump. People with no empathy losing their rags, and one or two muttering to themselves "****ing do it already". All because they might be 20 mins later to meet their mates in the pub.

Exactly the same principle. I'm not surprised to see this viewpoint represented and endorsed on here, because a great many posters on here routinely lack any sort of thought or empathy for anybody that is not themselves. When this has happened to me (a couple of times actually, but only one where the person actually died), I have of course been annoyed that pickups etc would now be messed up and I'd be later getting home/getting away, but that has quickly been outweighed by the 'well at least my family know I'm just late and not dead' and 'ah I'll get there eventually'.
This is what happens when you hire people without a proper background check, don't be like Uber
(edited 6 years ago)
I'm NOT ****ing autism. Autism people can't drive, they can't hold 3 jobs like I'm holding, and work, even a-- I wo-do for a moving company. If I was autism would I be able to move ****ing furniture all round all day? No. Would I be able to hold signs and hand out business cards? Noo. Autism people usually can't talk, they have no speech, they're not aware of their surroundings... but I am, so...
Reply 19
It seems very British that people care more about getting somewhere on time than a death nearby.

Quick Reply

Latest