The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by adamantacademic
I'm seeing a common factor within pro-wet thinkers, where their stance isn't evidenced rather the result of cultural, and dogmas etched mentally during early development.

nahh familo

i just don't get your logical thoughts about the solubility of water and the fact that it is dry.

Perhaps if you elaborate - explaining the scientific detail I may be able to see where you are coming from.

Spoiler

Reply 21
A rather rushed, and overly philosophised hypothesis, which can be deemed balderdash given the numerous contradictions, which violate fundamental metaphysics of states and duality.

Rushed? 3000 years old that logic, mate. Being caught up in duality is your cross to bear, not mine :-)
Reply 22
Bit of a stretch to say that this is 'the question of the 21st century', by the way.
Original post by Bill Nye
wet.PNG

Precisely water isn't wet. Since water is not saturated, water is the saturating element.

This and this. You can't wet water, just like you can't burn fire.
Original post by It's****ingWOODY
This and this. You can't wet water, just like you can't burn fire.

A fine analogy to be added to the existing bank of proofs, for the principle that water isn't wet, and conversely can be described as dry.
to prolong the agony discussion.... it is surely wrong to say "i wet myself".... because the liquid involved was already in contact with the relevant surface, albeit internally....

:holmes:

:beard:

[scrollr]:pee:[/scrollr]
Reply 26
Original post by Bill Nye
wet.PNG

Precisely water isn't wet. Since water is not saturated, water is the saturating element.

Water is covered and saturated with water. Indeed its wetness is defined by its high content of, er, water. It's wet.

It's also not an element.
This isn't some unsolved mystery. This is basic chemistry (well not even chemistry). Water molecules themselves are not wet, 'wet' is simply an abstract property as a result of something absorbing or becoming saturated with water, or some other interactive solvent. Hydrogen bonding in water contributes to it's surface tension, which contributes to it's ability to saturate objects with itself. So according to this definition, under certain conditions, I suppose you could become wet due to liquid ammonia, because of it's hydrogen bonding.
(edited 6 years ago)
The question of the century, 21st Century philosophers have used various forms of understanding, including observational, rational and computational thinking, yet failing to reach a consensus.

Previously, an avid pro-wetter, my dialogues with those of the other side had enlightened me, the scientific argument of solubility was the final trigger of my transformation to the conclusion, that water is dry. Since accepting this mentality, I have spent some time researching other evidences, and now engage in critical discourse defending the fact that water is dry.

So what's your stance, is H20 wet or dry?

Spoiler

Original post by Amullai

Spoiler

Hahaha omg you're a genius, I can't stop laughing, hahahaha. Ha. Ha.
My stance, the opposition, controversies - what would you like me to explain?

Wetness is an intrinsic property of water. How can it be dry
Im in the 8th gade nad i say water aint wet bc if u put ur hand in wtaer is your hand wet. no so
Yeah, RedGiant you might be right. But what I know is in short, Water Cluster is an arrangement of two or more water molecules. And thats the only reason water is wet. If you want detail explanation, Let me know flosser. Will update soon.
(edited 5 years ago)
Not when it's frozen? (dry ice)

Latest

Trending

Trending