The Student Room Group

Boyfriends brother filmed me in the bathroom for months

Me and my boyfriend have been together for over a year now we are both 19, in which I am very close to his family in which he has two brothers, one who is 17 and the other who is 15. when i'm not at university I live at his house with his family.

So I have recently caught my boyfriends brother who is 15 filming me in the shower, I caught him recently in which his phone was under the door with the camera facing upwards so that when I get out of the bath I would be seen. I saw the phone under the door in which I tried to grab it but my boyfriends brother pulled the phone back.
This isn't the first time that this has happened in which times before my boyfriend has said that his brothers phone was near the door and area, however we discussed this and thought he dropped his phone when leaving the bathroom as we didn't think his brother was capable of doing something like this. (This conversation happened about 3 to 4 months ago)

Not too long after that conversation happened I saw his brothers phone under the door with the camera facing upwards and another time was on a shelf next to the window with the camera facing towards the shower, both these times I went onto the phone to see that it was locked and the camera had not been used, thus thinking about mine and my boyfriends discussion that he left it in there or dropped it on the way out by accident.

However the most recent time I was 100% sure of what he was doing as he pulled the phone away from me, I told my boyfriend and he told his parents in which his brother has been punished by his phone, laptop, tv and xbox being taken away, both parents have said sorry for his actions in which both have expressed that the situation is not okay and they are very upset as I am essentially part of the family.
I am disgusted, angry and creeped out that this has happened to me and have been unaware that this could have been happening for months.
my question here is what do I do? I am here for a lot of the time and not sure if I should avoid him or speak to him? He is 15 and has made a mistake however I am unable to see how he wouldn't understand the gravity of the situation in the first place as his parents have taught him whats right and whats wrong.
What should I do?
Reply 1
This is obviously a really difficult situation as it's clear you love your boyfriend and don't want to hurt him or alienate yourself from his family.

The best situation is to talk to the brother. His actions are completely wrong and you need to tell him that what he did was an invasion of privacy and illegal. He's 15 and probably didn't think he'd get caught but now he has he's clearly embarrassed and humiliated and his whole family sees him as a creep.

It may be hard but I'd try and forgive him. If you don't, it risks jeopardising what you and your boyfriend have and making the whole situation very awkward. It may take time and if he does it again I'd definitely call the police but right now I'd let this be it to avoid hurting your boyfriend or his family further. Hope this helps!
Original post by Anonymous
Me and my boyfriend have been together for over a year now we are both 19, in which I am very close to his family in which he has two brothers, one who is 17 and the other who is 15. when i'm not at university I live at his house with his family.

So I have recently caught my boyfriends brother who is 15 filming me in the shower, I caught him recently in which his phone was under the door with the camera facing upwards so that when I get out of the bath I would be seen. I saw the phone under the door in which I tried to grab it but my boyfriends brother pulled the phone back.
This isn't the first time that this has happened in which times before my boyfriend has said that his brothers phone was near the door and area, however we discussed this and thought he dropped his phone when leaving the bathroom as we didn't think his brother was capable of doing something like this. (This conversation happened about 3 to 4 months ago)

Not too long after that conversation happened I saw his brothers phone under the door with the camera facing upwards and another time was on a shelf next to the window with the camera facing towards the shower, both these times I went onto the phone to see that it was locked and the camera had not been used, thus thinking about mine and my boyfriends discussion that he left it in there or dropped it on the way out by accident.

However the most recent time I was 100% sure of what he was doing as he pulled the phone away from me, I told my boyfriend and he told his parents in which his brother has been punished by his phone, laptop, tv and xbox being taken away, both parents have said sorry for his actions in which both have expressed that the situation is not okay and they are very upset as I am essentially part of the family.
I am disgusted, angry and creeped out that this has happened to me and have been unaware that this could have been happening for months.
my question here is what do I do? I am here for a lot of the time and not sure if I should avoid him or speak to him? He is 15 and has made a mistake however I am unable to see how he wouldn't understand the gravity of the situation in the first place as his parents have taught him whats right and whats wrong.
What should I do?

Damnnn, seems like someone was feeling thirsty
as long as he has not posted the images/movie online then you have nothing to worry about. he will not try it again after the confrontation.
Take the mickey out of your boyfriends brother every time you see him.

When he's old enough, introduce him to some of your aquaintances - preferably the ones that you wouldn't introduce to boys that you liked. The sort of girls that will give him a hard time or break his heart. Revenge is a dish best served cold :smile:

And well done to your boyfriends parents for responding like they did.
Ok I’m feeling dumb, how is he able to place a phone facing upwards by the door assuming you lock the door? And in the instance the phone is already placed before you even get in how didn’t you notice it? I’m confused.. when I clicked on this thread I presumably thought it was one of those tiny hidden cameras
(edited 6 years ago)
Posted everything I was going to say.

This sort of behaviour can be the prelude to more disturbing stuff. 15 is old enough that he knew what he was doing.
Guess he wanted a glimpse of that booty

Spoiler

Being 15 is no excuse for that sort of behaviour. I'm 15 and I know filming a girl like that is wrong. If i were you i will tell his parents and set that prick straight.
Report it to the police immediately. Or ask someone else to do it for you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending